cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One COMPLETELY renegs on Balance Transfer Offer and LIES About it!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One COMPLETELY renegs on Balance Transfer Offer and LIES About it!

In the beginning of April, I received a BT offer from Capital One that read, in part, "Simply use the BLUE Select Checks... and you'll enjoy a low FIXED 0% APR for the life of the transferred balances.  Your APR won't change on the balances you transfer - no matter what.

"HOW YOUR ACTIONS COULD AFFECT YOUR APR

"Your 0% APR is FIXED for the life of the balance.  It will never change"

Then, yesterday, I received a letter that says that "...the offer contained an error....  The offer with respect to the blue checks was incorrect and should have stated a 0% APR for 6 months.  After six months, this balance will be subject to the same rate applied to your purchases."

WHAT? From "your APR will NEVER change" to "it will go up in 6 months" is NOT "an error!"  They just decided they can't offer 0% APR for life, but didn't want to say that, so they invalidated all the blue checks!

My CL is only $750, so I couldn't have done very much myself, but how they called it "an error" just makes me mad!

Oh, and the transfer fee was capped at $50 (it still is). 

Message Edited by Mike14 on 04-17-2009 09:34 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One COMPLETELY renegs on Balance Transfer Offer and LIES About it!

Yeah, I got the same letter....said it was a mistake and that new checks with 0% for 6 months will be sent shortly.
Message 2 of 3
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One COMPLETELY renegs on Balance Transfer Offer and LIES About it!

Same saga here.

I'm locking this thread to keep this discussion in one spot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.