Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CRA reporting practices

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Capital One CRA reporting practices

I have read a bit how Capital One does not initially report to the CRAs for 3 or 4 months sometimes. I have also read how Capital One has reported people's CI as the maximum dollar amount of their bill historically. One website was advocating maxing the card one month so that the CRAs would report the CL accurately. I trust people's info here more than the web in general. I am not seeking to influence when Capital One reports to the CRAs. I am not going to request CLIs either. I'm just going to let them come or not come. My strategy is to add a prime card once my credit improves. Is there truth to the two rumours I mentioned above? 

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One CRA reporting practices

Cap1 reports after the second statement, and that high balance = limit things used to be true i think, but now they report normally.
Message 2 of 3
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CRA reporting practices

I think the high bal = limit thing applied ONLY to Visa Signature cards. But CapOne reports those as having regular fixed limits now.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.