Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

I've had the Cap 1 card since Jan 09 with a $200 limit.  After EXACTLY the 4th statement TODAY, got a $550 CLI to $750 credit line.  I used it every month to $50, then went home and PIF. 

I guess this is the "Credit Steps" program 'cuz I called last week on the 1st to ask for a CLI, and no dice.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

Congrats on the CLI.
Message 2 of 11
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, you will probably get another on the 7th statement. I just got one yesterday from 1k to 1.5k

Just keep up what your doing!

Message 3 of 11
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

They make credit building look easy!Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone ever got another "step" after the one at 7months?

Mine went from $500 to $1000 and now is at $1500 - unfortunately I wasn't posting here at the time to know that I should call inbetween to ask for additional limit increases!  If there are no more autosteps at what stage should I call them and ask for a CLI? How many months after last increase I mean?

Message 5 of 11
MizzB
Regular Contributor

Question: how does Cap 1'st credit steps program work? Is it automatic on all accounts or just certain accounts in a particular program. I wonder b/c I've never gotten automatic increases. Only increases when I've called in and requested them. Wondering if this is a program I can somehow get in, if it is not automatic.
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (04/20/20): EQ:673; TU: 691; EX: 688 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/17): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)
CapOne QS MC: $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $14.5K | OpenSky Visa: $500 | Green Dot MC $300 | Green Dot MC2: $300 | AMEX Gold CC: NPSL | AMEX Platinum CC: NPSL | Amex Gold Delta Skymiles: $3k | DiscoverIT Chrome: $5.6K
Message 6 of 11
y22kc
Established Member

I have 2 cards in the credit steps program.  Both started at $500 and I received a letter stating I would receive a $500 increase after 3 months and another $500 increase after 6 months as long as payments were made on time and I used the card at least once.  The first just hit the $1500 mark and 2nd just hit the $1000 mark.  I didn't do anything, they just offered this after I received the card.  One I applied for in Oct and the other in January.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MizzB wrote:
Question: how does Cap 1'st credit steps program work? Is it automatic on all accounts or just certain accounts in a particular program. I wonder b/c I've never gotten automatic increases. Only increases when I've called in and requested them. Wondering if this is a program I can somehow get in, if it is not automatic.

Credit steps program is invite only you can't enroll in it.
Message 8 of 11
MizzB
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MizzB wrote:

Credit steps program is invite only you can't enroll in it.

Thanks
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (04/20/20): EQ:673; TU: 691; EX: 688 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/17): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)
CapOne QS MC: $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $14.5K | OpenSky Visa: $500 | Green Dot MC $300 | Green Dot MC2: $300 | AMEX Gold CC: NPSL | AMEX Platinum CC: NPSL | Amex Gold Delta Skymiles: $3k | DiscoverIT Chrome: $5.6K
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone ever got another "step" after the one at 7months?

Mine went from $500 to $1000 and now is at $1500 - unfortunately I wasn't posting here at the time to know that I should call inbetween to ask for additional limit increases!  If there are no more autosteps at what stage should I call them and ask for a CLI? How many months after last increase I mean?

I would say 6 months after your last increase. Good luck due to the economy most banks now are really stingy with CLI.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.