cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

Valued Member

Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

I've had the Cap 1 card since Jan 09 with a $200 limit.  After EXACTLY the 4th statement TODAY, got a $550 CLI to $750 credit line.  I used it every month to $50, then went home and PIF. 

 

I guess this is the "Credit Steps" program 'cuz I called last week on the 1st to ask for a CLI, and no dice.

 

 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

Congrats on the CLI.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

Congrats, you will probably get another on the 7th statement. I just got one yesterday from 1k to 1.5k

 

Just keep up what your doing!

Message 3 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

They make credit building look easy!Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

Has anyone ever got another "step" after the one at 7months?

 

Mine went from $500 to $1000 and now is at $1500 - unfortunately I wasn't posting here at the time to know that I should call inbetween to ask for additional limit increases!  If there are no more autosteps at what stage should I call them and ask for a CLI? How many months after last increase I mean?

 

 

Message 5 of 11
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

Question: how does Cap 1'st credit steps program work? Is it automatic on all accounts or just certain accounts in a particular program. I wonder b/c I've never gotten automatic increases. Only increases when I've called in and requested them. Wondering if this is a program I can somehow get in, if it is not automatic.
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (05/12/15): EQ:583; TU: 570; EX: 596 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/15): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)
Message 6 of 11
Established Member

Re: Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps

I have 2 cards in the credit steps program.  Both started at $500 and I received a letter stating I would receive a $500 increase after 3 months and another $500 increase after 6 months as long as payments were made on time and I used the card at least once.  The first just hit the $1500 mark and 2nd just hit the $1000 mark.  I didn't do anything, they just offered this after I received the card.  One I applied for in Oct and the other in January.
Message 7 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps


MizzB wrote:
Question: how does Cap 1'st credit steps program work? Is it automatic on all accounts or just certain accounts in a particular program. I wonder b/c I've never gotten automatic increases. Only increases when I've called in and requested them. Wondering if this is a program I can somehow get in, if it is not automatic.

 

Credit steps program is invite only you can't enroll in it.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps


mjbfan79 wrote:

MizzB wrote:
Question: how does Cap 1'st credit steps program work? Is it automatic on all accounts or just certain accounts in a particular program. I wonder b/c I've never gotten automatic increases. Only increases when I've called in and requested them. Wondering if this is a program I can somehow get in, if it is not automatic.

 

Credit steps program is invite only you can't enroll in it.

 

Thanks
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (05/12/15): EQ:583; TU: 570; EX: 596 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/15): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)
Message 9 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One--Cap 1--Credit Steps


Susyquk wrote:

Has anyone ever got another "step" after the one at 7months?

 

Mine went from $500 to $1000 and now is at $1500 - unfortunately I wasn't posting here at the time to know that I should call inbetween to ask for additional limit increases!  If there are no more autosteps at what stage should I call them and ask for a CLI? How many months after last increase I mean?

 

 


I would say 6 months after your last increase. Good luck due to the economy most banks now are really stingy with CLI.


Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11