Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card Combinations BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Card Combinations BK

I am curious if anyone who included capital one in their bankruptcy and has gotten back in with them has been able to combine cards?  If so can you please share yoru datapoints ? i myself have been trying to combine all my accounts which are elegible but it does not let me.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Card Combinations BK

I had a BK. Did not include them but their process seems to be the same from the posts I've read in the past. Account must be open for at least 6 months and have a $0 balance. That doesn't make it 100% eligible though. You have to be able to go online and have the option to select the card and drop it down into another. If that isn't available, your card isn't eligible. Another option is to live chat with CS. They can usually tell you what options are available to you in terms of PC'ing and combining cards.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I included Cap 1 in my BK7 in 2014. Cap 1 gave me my first card that I applied for after BK 7 last year. I app,used for my second card with Cap 1 card (Venture) six months later. I was able to immediately combine them. The account I would close (QS) was six months old. The QS had a zero balance, no late payments, account in good standing, etc.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply! , i have 5 cards with them with great limits overall around 41k in credit they are all odler than 6 months most are 2 -3 yrs old, and they are all

0 balance however i have been checking to combine for over a yr with no luck which is why i want to know if more fellow myficoers have been able to combine theirs if they included cap one in bk.

Message 4 of 6
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

My bk was back in 2010. Got Cap One cards in 2012 and then combined them around 2014 with no problem. Now currently holding 2 CapOne cards and will try to combine them again in the summer.
Message 5 of 6
BIGSTARXXX
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your reply! , i have 5 cards with them with great limits overall around 41k in credit they are all odler than 6 months most are 2 -3 yrs old, and they are all

0 balance however i have been checking to combine for over a yr with no luck which is why i want to know if more fellow myficoers have been able to combine theirs if they included cap one in bk.

I am in same boat as you - 4 cards, about 45K in limits (very low Util, $0 on 2 cards), and they won't let me combine. I included them in my Ch 13 BK in 2010 - I got back in with them shortly after my discharge. I have a Plat card (0) I want to xfer to my QS1 (also 0), but no go.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.