tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Card Combining

Here's what I have: 

1) July 2016 Platinum $300 --> now QS $500 eligible for CLI Oct 17

2) December 2016 QSO $500 --> now $1100 eligible CLI Jan 18

3) August 2017 Venture $5000

I want to combine my QSO with something to avoid that annual fee. Do I combine it with QS to make that $1600 or Venture to make that $6100? I read on some posts that combining to the QS would reset my clock for an increase.

So do I want to bump up my Venture's limit to have a card wit a bigger limit? Or give some love to the QS with the little balance after my potential increase next month?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Card Combining

Soooo reading up on some other forums I read that having less than three open cards could hurt you. So it looks like I'll be holding out on this one. If I open another account before January I will try to quickly combine my QSO and QS before my annual fee hits.

So now the question is, what should I aim for as my next card?

Message 2 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the MyFico forums!

Assuming you're rebuilding your credit, having at least 3 cards and letting only one report a balance of 9% or less will maximize your score.

As to what card to aim for next, that would depend on your credit score & number of inquiries.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Yes I'm usually at 0-3% by my statement date. And I've had a lot of inquiries in the past two years so I'm holding off for a while.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.