Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card Consolidation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Card Consolidation

Just an update.......still cannot combine! Yep, you read that right. If I knew the real reason, I wouldn't care or I'd close the "offending" card. Not today, not yesterday, not the day before- no soup for me.

It's crummy to treat people like this, without any real explaination, especially when the card is their daily driver. Just saying.......
Message 2111 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

And I totally agree ksb. It's really messed up to offer a feature to some customers and not all customers!
Message 2112 of 2,133
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Maybe someone from CO will read this post and actually do something. Or maybe they don't give a Damm! Either way if I can't combine prior to my next AF I will close the Venture and maybe my other two cards. Already closed my Plat.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 2113 of 2,133
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I just spent about 45 minutes on the phone with someone from Capital One's Core Services Department (I think that's what it's called). He throughly looked over all of my accounts. I have two Visas and two Master Cards.  He said one of the cards used to be owned by HSBC years ago. That might prevent me from doing a combination with it. Another thing that he mentioned is the cards have to be the same type.  Can't combine a Visa with a MC.  I don't recall hearing this before and believe members have done that.  Besides that he couldn't see any reason why I haven't been able to combine my accounts. 

I'll keep trying...

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 2114 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

Wrong and wrong. He completely told you wrong. Members been combining old HSBC cards and MCs and Visas masscredit. Rather than just admit they screwed up that feature by not opening it up to all customers at the same time,they grasp at straws. SMH
Message 2115 of 2,133
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@baller4life wrote:
Wrong and wrong. He completely told you wrong. Members been combining old HSBC cards and MCs and Visas masscredit. Rather than just admit they screwed up that feature by not opening it up to all customers at the same time,they grasp at straws. SMH

+1 and +1   Smiley Very Happy

I know I'm just a 'random internet dude', but my QS MasterCard started off as a lowly Orchard Bank/HSBC card nine years ago (they forced me to convert to a QS1, then I later got a PC to a QS).  In this case the CSR is clearly confused.  Smiley Frustrated

My second Capital One card is a QS Visa Signature I applied for last year.

That being said, I have no problems with combining, and in either order. 

I've posted a screenshot before, but I went and checked again just now to make sure it was the same, and I got a 'fresh' screen print (if you want to keep me 'honest', you'll notice the rewards amounts are different from my previous screen captures... LOL):

combinenew.jpg

Message 2116 of 2,133
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

I had a feeling that was the case. A few others there have mentioned one of my cards being from HSBC but I think they are just looking for something that stands out. All of my accounts are showing a zero balance and I just tried again.  No luck. Oh well... it might happen someday or it might not.  I won't be closing my accounts because it's not working but it would be nice if they can get on the ball with this. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 2117 of 2,133
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thread might be a few weeks old. Though 212 pages showed there was interest. Just combined my QS1 $39 AF @ 23+% to my Venture @18+%. Yeah its $59 AF for the Venture. But gone is the QS1 $39 AF. Venture now at 16.5k. All 3 accounts were at 0 balance. It was my middle card after the Plat/QS and before the Venture. Nice CL.

Message 2118 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Thread might be a few weeks old. Though 212 pages showed there was interest. Just combined my QS1 $39 AF @ 23+% to my Venture @Anonymous+%. Yeah its $59 AF for the Venture. But gone is the QS1 $39 AF. Venture now at 16.5k. All 3 accounts were at 0 balance. It was my middle card after the Plat/QS and before the Venture. Nice CL.

Nice job! It's a great feature when it works! Smiley Frustrated

Message 2119 of 2,133
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Thread might be a few weeks old. Though 212 pages showed there was interest. Just combined my QS1 $39 AF @ 23+% to my Venture @Anonymous+%. Yeah its $59 AF for the Venture. But gone is the QS1 $39 AF. Venture now at 16.5k. All 3 accounts were at 0 balance. It was my middle card after the Plat/QS and before the Venture. Nice CL.

Nice job! It's a great feature when it works! Smiley Frustrated

Really! I followed all your responces and trials. Guess it's working now. Least I hope so for everyone.Smiley Happy

Message 2120 of 2,133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.