Capital One Card Consolidation

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Card Consolidation

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Thread might be a few weeks old. Though 212 pages showed there was interest. Just combined my QS1 $39 AF @ 23+% to my Venture @Anonymous+%. Yeah its $59 AF for the Venture. But gone is the QS1 $39 AF. Venture now at 16.5k. All 3 accounts were at 0 balance. It was my middle card after the Plat/QS and before the Venture. Nice CL.

Nice job! It's a great feature when it works! Smiley Frustrated

Really! I followed all your responces and trials. Guess it's working now. Least I hope so for everyone.Smiley Happy

A few members are still having issues. Now over a year after the feature launched!

Message 2121 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if it's working mostly for people who have zero balances on all cards? I still cannot combine, aargh. Donor card has been at zero for two months and 2 other cards have balances. One is at 0% so not planning to pay off at this time.

Frustrated that Capital One says only the donor card needs to be at zero balance to combine, yet that does not seem to be the case. I've been trying to combine for almost a year. 

I don't think Capital One knows what it is doing. Smiley Sad

Message 2122 of 2,133
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if it's working mostly for people who have zero balances on all cards? I still cannot combine, aargh. Donor card has been at zero for two months and 2 other cards have balances. One is at 0% so not planning to pay off at this time.

Frustrated that Capital One says only the donor card needs to be at zero balance to combine, yet that does not seem to be the case. I've been trying to combine for almost a year. 

I read this entire thread the other day. My census was if they were all at 0 the better the chance. So I went for it. My statement closed on the last card w/balance on the 17th. Nothing pending. All clear and it went thru.

Message 2123 of 2,133
masscredit
Valued Contributor

All of my cards had a zero balance a few weeks ago. It still didn't work for me Smiley Sad 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 2124 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I read this entire thread the other day. My census was if they were all at 0 the better the chance. So I went for it. My staement closed on the last card w/balance on the 17th. Nothing pending. All clear and it went thru.

I thought the same thing ($0 balance) FireMedic1, so I allowed both accounts to report with a $0 balance. Still, no go. I have since altered my plans and moved on. I will continue to check periodically, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Message 2125 of 2,133
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I read this entire thread the other day. My census was if they were all at 0 the better the chance. So I went for it. My staement closed on the last card w/balance on the 17th. Nothing pending. All clear and it went thru.

I thought the same thing ($0 balance) FireMedic1, so I allowed both accounts to report with a $0 balance. Still, no go. I have since altered my plans and moved on. I will continue to check periodically, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Maybe because I had 3 cards and the 4th just arrived yesterday? Who knows with these companies. Better luck next time.

Message 2126 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

All of my cards had a zero balance a few weeks ago. It still didn't work for me Smiley Sad 

I'm sorry you all are experiencing these problems too. Really frustrating when they don't provide any assistance or an end date for resolution. Smiley Sad

Message 2127 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to combine some Spark small business cards back in August.  Spend quite a bit of time jumping through hoops & trying different things the CS reps suggested.  Zero balances all around.  Continually got the "you are not eligible" message.

The last rep I spoke with said that the feature is only available if you receive an invitation asking you if you want to combine accounts.  (So why put it in the menu at all?)  I've been waiting since then, trying again periodically, to no avail.

Every other card issuer I've ever done business with handles credit line consolidations over the phone in about 10 minutes.  Cap One seems to not even have a department for it, and the CS reps claim that they have no insight into the automated process that handles it.  I.e., it's impossible for anyone to tell you why it failed, all they can do is guess and quote the same block of text that the error message gives about there being "several factors" (not all of which are even knowable).

It's a real bummer, because I like the cards, and I've generally had good interactions with the CS reps at Cap One.  They're super friendly, aren't in overseas call centers, and sound like they know what they're talking about.  (None of which counts for much, unfortunately, if they ultimately don't have the power to help you.)

Message 2128 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

@bobdobbs first of all welcome to the forum! Your post is the first I have ever heard of that card combination is by invite only. That's quite ludicrous for a CSR to even tell you that when all of us on this forum that have combined cards, did so online ourselves. It's just a waiting game until the computer activates your account for the feature. You are certainly not alone in not being able to combine.

Although,I don't think I have ever seen Spark cards combined. Can someone please chime in? Correct me if I am wrong.
Message 2129 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.  It boggles my mind that it's so difficult for big corps to get correct info out to their employees like this.

I'd also be interested to hear from other Spark business cardholders.  This whole saga started for me when I found out that they were issuing Spark 2% cash back cards with no annual fee now.  (Previously, there was a $59 annual.)  I wanted to convert my existing cards, but they told me I'd have to apply for new ones, then combine the accounts to preserve my existing credit lines.  Didn't turn out like that, obviously.

Message 2130 of 2,133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.