Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card Consolidation

tag
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Combining Limits By End of Year

I wonder if this means that they're going to not be so generous with this limits any more? I'd like to move my platinum ($1k no AF) over to my QS ($5k), but I have a pre-approval for Venture and Venture One right now. I hate to take 3 more HP's but maybe it's better to get in now (even if there's a waiting period)? Decisions, decisions, decisions... 

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 31 of 2,133
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Ok so I read last night on another site that combining limits is now available through CSR. So, I called to inquire. NOT YET. This is apparently a big thing currently at Capital One and according to person I spoke to, they are making big preparations for it. They had hoped it would be available by now. But are shooting for the next month or two. But definitely by end of year. You will see it online once it goes live and can do all your combining right there under your account. Pretty freaking awesome. So everybody hold on to all your Cap One cards for now. Smiley Happy

dare to dream... $18,250 CL on a 11.9% APR card... with BT deals from time to time.. :-) 

Smiley Very Happy  Haha, sweet dreams.  The nightmare, no more large limits?

Signature needs updating
Message 32 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

@hizzaah wrote:

I wonder if this means that they're going to not be so generous with this limits any more? I'd like to move my platinum ($1k no AF) over to my QS ($5k), but I have a pre-approval for Venture and Venture One right now. I hate to take 3 more HP's but maybe it's better to get in now (even if there's a waiting period)? Decisions, decisions, decisions... 

Hmmmm good point. 

Message 33 of 2,133
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Baller... I believe this is true as everything is more and more pointing at combining limits and they wouldn't have twitter posts etc if this waasn't the case..  Was the person you spoke with at the EO level out of curiosity?  Obviously my name makes me ask questions Smiley Tongue

Message 34 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hizzaah wrote:

I doubt this will change overall BUT, they might reduce the total number of accounts, currently 5.

Message 35 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha no. CSR. But she knew so much about it, I didn't feel the need to call EO. Said they are kept abreast of what's going on with the rollout cause they field so many calls daily about it.
Message 36 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

Like I said, apparently it was supposed to already been out but they ran into issues that are now being addressed. She said everyone there is pretty excited about it!
Message 37 of 2,133
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

So baller, someone already brought this up, but do you think this would affect the generous SLs they've been handing out on the venture cards? Because I'm planning on acquiring mine by end of the year, but I'm hoping for at least $7k-$10k to start with. Don't want to be left out if that's the case, you know? Lol

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 38 of 2,133
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@OmarGB9 wrote:
So baller, someone already brought this up, but do you think this would affect the generous SLs they've been handing out on the venture cards? Because I'm planning on acquiring mine by end of the year, but I'm hoping for at least $7k-$10k to start with. Don't want to be left out if that's the case, you know? Lol

I doubt anyone could ansewr this question to be honest.. I know it wasn't directed at me..  I highly doubt it, but anything is possible..  Part of the reasons they are handing out these limits is to buid loyalty to them and give you no need for a ton of other lenders along with changing their image and to compete with the other big boys out there aka Chase/Citi/BofA/etc..  Just my 2 cents

Message 39 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

Hard to say Omar. All we can do is speculate at this point. I would HOPE their prime card limits wouldn't be affected. But really no way to know until it all happens.
Message 40 of 2,133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.