Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card Consolidation

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Combining Limits By End of Year

No that's fine I appreciate any and all input. And I know nobody can give a solid answer, I just want some opinions. Like I said, if the consensus is that they're going to start giving reduced SLs, I may just pull the trigger now and apply, though I probably wouldn't get the best limit since I have a little debt I need to take care of first (I'm pre approved according to their prequal site).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 41 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

Omar if you're preapproved, then I would go for it. But that's just me. Smiley Happy
Message 42 of 2,133
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Believe me I would, the only thing holding me back is the fact that I just got a Barclays Rewards and I've read that they're VERY inquiry/new account sensitive and have even been known to close accounts altogether without notice.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 43 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two points. Of course they're going to do this, since I closed my QS1. And if they don't have a time restriction, the Venture will be even harder to resist; App, transfer limit to QS, close. 

Message 44 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be all for apping for a new card and combining all my limits if they didn't triple pull. I really need to lay low on the inquiries. EX is almost in the double digits.
Message 45 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Believe me I would, the only thing holding me back is the fact that I just got a Barclays Rewards and I've read that they're VERY inquiry/new account sensitive and have even been known to close accounts altogether without notice.

LMAO!! Urban myth. They won't close your account for opening an account. If that's the case myself and others would have been shut down a LONG time ago. I have had 4 Barclays card in the past 2 years and over 20 new accounts. LOL. They won't say a word.

Message 46 of 2,133
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Honestly could go either way.. I have about 10 montns history with them and didnt go hog wild on applying after about 6-7 months with them so they knew I was little risk most likely and we had a relationship.  They use to be known to do more AA than has been posted recently.  I think they have relaxed it quite a bit to be honest!   Just like any other lender out their, they got to compete and lend out money as there are so many lenders or CC companies to pick from right now, they are just one of tons so they got to be competitive..  I doubt they would take any AA on your for applying to be quite honest as long as you keep your balance down on their card.

Message 47 of 2,133
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Two points. Of course they're going to do this, since I closed my QS1. And if they don't have a time restriction, the Venture will be even harder to resist; App, transfer limit to QS, close. 

You have the app filled out and the finger is on the button isn't it? Smiley Tongue

Message 48 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

OMG Cap what are waiting for??? App already! Smiley Very Happy
Message 49 of 2,133
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I would be all for apping for a new card and combining all my limits if they didn't triple pull. I really need to lay low on the inquiries. EX is almost in the double digits.

Ya mine is at 13 right now Smiley Sad... Thank gosh I have 3 falling off in the next two months.. 1 tomorrow in theory and two next month be back down to 10 and alot falling off at the end of the year, but will still have 8 from the last 9 months Smiley Sad... Part of rebuilding and expanding my credit I guess..  On the positive side, I really don't need that much more credit or card other than one or two for bonuses so i think my profile can handle being around 12ish.  Compared to some members, you and I are doing awesome on Experian! Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 2,133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.