Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card Restricted

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Card Restricted

I understand that a cash advance could trigger "red flags" but this was only a $100 ATM W/D. I would think that the cardholder would have to fit into a certain "credit profile," ie, high utilization/balances, only making minimum payments, etc before they take AA.

I would definitely contact EO and get an explanation.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to try going the executive office way and I'll keep you all posted on what happens..

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you proved your identity, and they had closed the account out of suspected fraud activity, it doesn't make much sense that they would AA you and not reopen your account (even if in a different number), especially with the commentary that you're allowed to apply for another card if you wish. Seems kind of strange to me.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.