Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card

tag
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

Capital One Card

Hey guys.. just wanted your thoughts on this as I have never recieved a message like this before

I currently have 2 capital one cards both with $750 limits for over a year, I also have 2 other HSBC cards with crappy limits, a Jared Card with a $2,500 limit, and a Walmart Card with a $600 limit and Kohls with a $600 limit. Always pay on time ... yada yada.. my utlization is 17% of all my cards combined as currently reported to the credit beauru. 

My score was just ran by a lender the other day as I bought a new car and I had a 659 TU, 644 EQ and EX

Anyway....... to my point.. I applied for another Capital One card just to soley have another open credit line and transfer the balances over from the other higher APR cards and I go this message

"Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10
business days; however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15
days."

I do have a security alert on my credit report, however when I bought the car it wasn't an issue and didn't get no call for approval

Any idea if that means it is approved, denied or what it means? Thanks

Current FICO Scores as of June 2022:
Experian: 720
Equifax: 721
TransUnion: 719
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

Re: Capital One Card

Currently, you can only have 2 Cap1 cards unless it's a business card or co-branded product...i.e. Sony PlayStation card. If you have 2 Cap1 cards, usually they won't even pull your credit and the letter they send in the mail will be to the affect of: You've reached the maximum amount of cards.

Since Cap1 is acquiring HSBC, I wonder if the limit will change...but as of right now, 2 Cap1 cards are the max.

Hope this helps..

Message 2 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I have no idea what this means ~ but as far as I know you can have more than two Cap1 cards, in fact they seem to encourage you to have several.....

Can you call in and find out the application status ?

Did you say that you have a fraud alert on your reports ?   Or do you have them frozen ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 12
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

There was a recent thread and it appeared that the consensus was you could only have 2 CapitalOne cards unless it is a co-branded card

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-one-How-many-cards-can-you-have/td-p/1257227/hi...

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 4 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

+1 to previous posts. A Cap One employee has posted here that you can only have 2 Cap One personal CCs, unless it's a co-branded card. The jury is still out as to whether or not they do a HP. One person said they didn't get a HP, but someone else said they did, so who knows. In order to app for a new Cap One, you would need to close one of your current cards.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Thanks for posting !  Guess I missed that ~ yeah it looks like you can only have two.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 12
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

capital ones MTV card ...
I have a kohls card through Capone and had no issue obtaining it

HSBC limits u to two cards.. Not cap one my friend has 4 of them
Message 7 of 12
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

Well I did get approved. I don't know the CL yet but it is no annual fee, 0% interest for 6 months and 19% APR

Message 8 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

@Eddie24CO wrote:

Well I did get approved. I don't know the CL yet but it is no annual fee, 0% interest for 6 months and 19% APR

are you saying you got approved for a 3rd capital one card, if so is it the Venture card?

Message 9 of 12
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

Yes I did this is my 3rd one ands ita their MTV card , no annual fee , no interest for 6 mrha if u qualify. Ita on there website.. So everyone who said they won't approve u for more than 2 cards I don't know why got this card so easily
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.