Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Card

Oh that explains it, since its there MTV card

I have 3 capital one but 1 is a Sony Card

Message 11 of 12
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Card

They may have changed their policy, but I was told by CapOne that there was no limit to the number of cards.  I applied for the CapOne MTV card too, but was declined without a pull to my credit report.  I did that the day after my score jumped from 610 to 667.  I routinely go to their preapproval site and look to see what they will offer me, but now it always says they can't find me in the system.  I think they have blocked me from applying.  I haven't gotten the letter from the MTV denial, but I figure it is for one of two reasons; already have accounts with them or that I applied from China.  (I actually live there, so I really can't spend much on the cards, but am building my score and available credit for when I return from there.) 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.