Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Cards?

After seeing how Capital one has been with approving the Venture Card, I am thinking about applying. There is one issue that I could see in doing so though. If I remember correctly, Capital One has a max cards limit, but I could be wrong about this. Currently I have 5 cc's with Capital One, see below for details:

QS - Opened in 2006 as Platinum and PC'd to QS

QS1 - Opened in 2007 as Platinum and PC'd to QS1

QS1 - Opened in 2006 as Household Bank card and transferred over to Capital One

Spark Card - opened in 2012

Between these 4 personal cards I currently have 5% utilization. On the Spark Card, there is never a balance that stays, I currently pay around $2k to $4k per week on the card based on current spending.

Does anyone know if I am correct in my assuming that I have the max limit on cards with Capital One?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

After seeing how Capital one has been with approving the Venture Card, I am thinking about applying. There is one issue that I could see in doing so though. If I remember correctly, Capital One has a max cards limit, but I could be wrong about this. Currently I have 5 cc's with Capital One, see below for details:

Between these 4 personal cards I currently have 5% utilization. On the Spark Card, there is never a balance that stays, I currently pay around $2k to $4k per week on the card based on current spending.

Does anyone know if I am correct in my assuming that I have the max limit on cards with Capital One?

Im pretty sure the ones from Household are not counted in your total with Cap-1.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be great. I've been trying to decide about travel reward cards and think the Venture is pretty good. Just didn't want to get declined for having too many Cap One cards.

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be great. I've been trying to decide about travel reward cards and think the Venture is pretty good. Just didn't want to get declined for having too many Cap One cards.

I have read some recent threads that indicate Cap-1 might be starting to allow cards to be combined early this summer. You could wait to see if that is in fact true then consolidate 1 or 2 of those into one of your other cards and then app for the Venture.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I've read that as well, but as we know, with Capital One, you never know. Actually, I think I will call my banker, and the EO tomorrow to ask about that. If that is true then I will just wait until I can do that.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you apply and you have too many cards, they will not pull your credit and auto deny you for having too many cards with them
Message 6 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What I had heard was a maximum of two sub-prime (Platinum and QS1) cards with them. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.