Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cash Advance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Cash Advance

Hello,

I just opened USAA checking account and used my Capital One card to fund it. I didn't realize that it COULD be considered as a cash advance transaction. Does anyone know if that would be considered a cash advance, and if so how much is the fee?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Cash Advance

Im not familiar with USAA, but how did you make your opening deposit with a credit card? Most CUs require you to transfer $1-5 from a checking/savings account. Could you explain? If they did allow the initial deposit from a CC, I would think it would have to be considered a cash advance?

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 3 of 5
Datx
Valued Contributor

creditguy-378: I'm sure you have noticed, but your posts are showing up blank. Most likely due to upgrading to the newest IE 9. A few days ago, I also upgraded to IE 9, and my posts were coming up blank too. I noticed the only thing I changed on my computer was upgrading IE. You may want to download Chrome or another web browser for now, to post on this forum. The compatability option in IE did not help for me. Hope this helps. 

Going back on topic. I have joined one or two CUs and funding it with a CC before, and I dont believe its coded as a cash advance. Its been a while and I have to dig for it, but will post when I can.

Message 4 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

creditguy-378: I'm sure you have noticed, but your posts are showing up blank. Most likely due to upgrading to the newest IE 9. A few days ago, I also upgraded to IE 9, and my posts were coming up blank too. I noticed the only thing I changed on my computer was upgrading IE. You may want to download Chrome or another web browser for now, to post on this forum. The compatability option in IE did not help for me. Hope this helps. 

Going back on topic. I have joined one or two CUs and funding it with a CC before, and I dont believe its coded as a cash advance. Its been a while and I have to dig for it, but will post when I can.

It's an ongoing problem with this site.  Ocassionally when I post messages it doesn't show.  It's very annoying.  And sometimes I get a message saying to wait 3600 seconds to post again.  The message mentioned something about flooding the forums with posts.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.