Did you mean: 

Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One is now offering the Green Cash Rewards card for both excellent and average credit. Appears to be a nice card but depending on your creditworthiness the APR can vary after the inital 0% introductory APR period. Can anyone tell me if the card for average credit is for rebuilder as my sister is in the rebuilding stage. When I chatted online with a couple of Capital One CSR's they both kept saying the green cash rewards card for average credit is not a rebuilder. Any and all feedback will be appreciated.

It depends on where you sister is in the rebuilding stage. Capital One Average credit seems to be for people who have made some progress in rebuilding.  

I suggest your sister try out the Capital One "See if you are prequailfied".  It is a good way to see where you are.    I would pick from what they offer to apply for.  IMO, Capital One secured card is a good option for rebuilding if that is what they offer.

Thanks Wolf3,

My sister went ahead and applied for the secured Capital One mastercard as your right she would not qualify for the green cash rewards for average credit as she is in the rebuilding phase. She was approved for $250 and only had to send in $49 security deposit.

Message 11 of 27
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One is now offering the Green Cash Rewards card for both excellent and average credit. Appears to be a nice card but depending on your creditworthiness the APR can vary after the inital 0% introductory APR period. Can anyone tell me if the card for average credit is for rebuilder as my sister is in the rebuilding stage. When I chatted online with a couple of Capital One CSR's they both kept saying the green cash rewards card for average credit is not a rebuilder. Any and all feedback will be appreciated.

It depends on where you sister is in the rebuilding stage. Capital One Average credit seems to be for people who have made some progress in rebuilding.  

I suggest your sister try out the Capital One "See if you are prequailfied".  It is a good way to see where you are.    I would pick from what they offer to apply for.  IMO, Capital One secured card is a good option for rebuilding if that is what they offer.

Thanks Wolf3,

My sister went ahead and applied for the secured Capital One mastercard as your right she would not qualify for the green cash rewards for average credit as she is in the rebuilding phase. She was approved for $250 and only had to send in $49 security deposit.

Good deal.    After 6 months or more of good use of this card, she will probably qualify for a better unsecured card from Capital One.     

I had great success with Capital One secured card. 

Message 12 of 27
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

IMO the Avg Green is most likely a "let's see what you do for a while, and if you're going to app spree" card, that probably caps out at 1500-2k.

I'm willing to bet that if they feel it's not going to be your "most used card," they'll leave the CL stagnant.

Cap1 has both good/bad reviews here, but IMHO they're very damn forgiving, as I'm sure they remember me. New card has same four last digits (different rotation), from the card I burned with them.

I went a similar route with my rebuilding start. Baddies from all the Primes (almost ready to fall off-ironically from cap1 as well), and didn't start doing

anything until I neared the seven year mark. Already had an auto loan, opened a secured card (4mos reporting before any apps), then hit cap1 up on their pre-approval site, and got the avg cash card (green).  I also decided to hit Disc More on the same day, just to see who'd win out. Both are on the way. All this has been accomplished within the past 13 months, which I feel is pretty damn quick considering how much trashing my CR's have taken.

Keep your sister patient, and it'll happen.

Message 13 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

IMO the Avg Green is most likely a "let's see what you do for a while, and if you're going to app spree" card, that probably caps out at 1500-2k.

I'm willing to bet that if they feel it's not going to be your "most used card," they'll leave the CL stagnant.

Cap1 has both good/bad reviews here, but IMHO they're very damn forgiving, as I'm sure they remember me. New card has same four last digits (different rotation), from the card I burned with them.

I went a similar route with my rebuilding start. Baddies from all the Primes (almost ready to fall off-ironically from cap1 as well), and didn't start doing

anything until I neared the seven year mark. Already had an auto loan, opened a secured card (4mos reporting before any apps), then hit cap1 up on their pre-approval site, and got the avg cash card (green).  I also decided to hit Disc More on the same day, just to see who'd win out. Both are on the way. All this has been accomplished within the past 13 months, which I feel is pretty damn quick considering how much trashing my CR's have taken.

Keep your sister patient, and it'll happen.

Congrats on your recent approvals!!! I'm waiting for my DM card in the mail as well!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 27
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Well, the post office is running short of funds...

Maybe that's why so many people are still waiting for their cards to be delivered...

Should we call the fraud squad now, to warn them?

LOL....Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well, the post office is running short of funds...

Maybe that's why so many people are still waiting for their cards to be delivered...

Should we call the fraud squad now, to warn them?

LOL....Smiley LOL

I need mine to show up soon!!! I keep looking at my design and getting depressed its not in my hand!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 27
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'm expecting the Green first. They're emailing me daily, saying "You're online is setup, so activate the damn card already" speech..

I'm going to make that my daily spender, just to see how it plays out. I'm not going for mass quantities of cards. Just be content having

three, with a decent spread in a few years from now. The basics...vacation/emergency/holiday.

Message 17 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm expecting the Green first. They're emailing me daily, saying "You're online is setup, so activate the damn card already" speech..

I'm going to make that my daily spender, just to see how it plays out. I'm not going for mass quantities of cards. Just be content having

three, with a decent spread in a few years from now. The basics...vacation/emergency/holiday.

What design you get with DM?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 27
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I kept timing out with the app, so I wound up typing like a madman. I can't recall if I even saw a design. Did Green, and More back to back, but do recall seeing a choice. Just can't remember which one it was. I'm getting the factory preset?

Message 19 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I kept timing out with the app, so I wound up typing like a madman. I can't recall if I even saw a design. Did Green, and More back to back, but do recall seeing a choice. Just can't remember which one it was. I'm getting the factory preset?

I got the NY skyline design. so awesome looking!!!

disciver.PNG

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.