Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 61
Registered: ‎12-06-2011
0

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit


Wolf3 wrote:

Dolphins wrote:

Capital One is now offering the Green Cash Rewards card for both excellent and average credit. Appears to be a nice card but depending on your creditworthiness the APR can vary after the inital 0% introductory APR period. Can anyone tell me if the card for average credit is for rebuilder as my sister is in the rebuilding stage. When I chatted online with a couple of Capital One CSR's they both kept saying the green cash rewards card for average credit is not a rebuilder. Any and all feedback will be appreciated.


It depends on where you sister is in the rebuilding stage. Capital One Average credit seems to be for people who have made some progress in rebuilding.  

 

I suggest your sister try out the Capital One "See if you are prequailfied".  It is a good way to see where you are.    I would pick from what they offer to apply for.  IMO, Capital One secured card is a good option for rebuilding if that is what they offer.


Thanks Wolf3,

 

My sister went ahead and applied for the secured Capital One mastercard as your right she would not qualify for the green cash rewards for average credit as she is in the rebuilding phase. She was approved for $250 and only had to send in $49 security deposit.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,197
Registered: ‎01-24-2010
0

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit


Dolphins wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

Dolphins wrote:

Capital One is now offering the Green Cash Rewards card for both excellent and average credit. Appears to be a nice card but depending on your creditworthiness the APR can vary after the inital 0% introductory APR period. Can anyone tell me if the card for average credit is for rebuilder as my sister is in the rebuilding stage. When I chatted online with a couple of Capital One CSR's they both kept saying the green cash rewards card for average credit is not a rebuilder. Any and all feedback will be appreciated.


It depends on where you sister is in the rebuilding stage. Capital One Average credit seems to be for people who have made some progress in rebuilding.  

 

I suggest your sister try out the Capital One "See if you are prequailfied".  It is a good way to see where you are.    I would pick from what they offer to apply for.  IMO, Capital One secured card is a good option for rebuilding if that is what they offer.


Thanks Wolf3,

 

My sister went ahead and applied for the secured Capital One mastercard as your right she would not qualify for the green cash rewards for average credit as she is in the rebuilding phase. She was approved for $250 and only had to send in $49 security deposit.


Good deal.    After 6 months or more of good use of this card, she will probably qualify for a better unsecured card from Capital One.     

 

I had great success with Capital One secured card. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,717
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit

IMO the Avg Green is most likely a "let's see what you do for a while, and if you're going to app spree" card, that probably caps out at 1500-2k.

I'm willing to bet that if they feel it's not going to be your "most used card," they'll leave the CL stagnant.

 

Cap1 has both good/bad reviews here, but IMHO they're very damn forgiving, as I'm sure they remember me. New card has same four last digits (different rotation), from the card I burned with them.

 

I went a similar route with my rebuilding start. Baddies from all the Primes (almost ready to fall off-ironically from cap1 as well), and didn't start doing

anything until I neared the seven year mark. Already had an auto loan, opened a secured card (4mos reporting before any apps), then hit cap1 up on their pre-approval site, and got the avg cash card (green).  I also decided to hit Disc More on the same day, just to see who'd win out. Both are on the way. All this has been accomplished within the past 13 months, which I feel is pretty damn quick considering how much trashing my CR's have taken.

Keep your sister patient, and it'll happen.

 

 

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit


Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

IMO the Avg Green is most likely a "let's see what you do for a while, and if you're going to app spree" card, that probably caps out at 1500-2k.

I'm willing to bet that if they feel it's not going to be your "most used card," they'll leave the CL stagnant.

 

Cap1 has both good/bad reviews here, but IMHO they're very damn forgiving, as I'm sure they remember me. New card has same four last digits (different rotation), from the card I burned with them.

 

I went a similar route with my rebuilding start. Baddies from all the Primes (almost ready to fall off-ironically from cap1 as well), and didn't start doing

anything until I neared the seven year mark. Already had an auto loan, opened a secured card (4mos reporting before any apps), then hit cap1 up on their pre-approval site, and got the avg cash card (green).  I also decided to hit Disc More on the same day, just to see who'd win out. Both are on the way. All this has been accomplished within the past 13 months, which I feel is pretty damn quick considering how much trashing my CR's have taken.

Keep your sister patient, and it'll happen.

 

 


Congrats on your recent approvals!!! I'm waiting for my DM card in the mail as well!!




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,717
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit

Well, the post office is running short of funds...

Maybe that's why so many people are still waiting for their cards to be delivered...


Should we call the fraud squad now, to warn them?

LOL....Smiley LOL

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit


Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Well, the post office is running short of funds...

Maybe that's why so many people are still waiting for their cards to be delivered...


Should we call the fraud squad now, to warn them?

LOL....Smiley LOL


I need mine to show up soon!!! I keep looking at my design and getting depressed its not in my hand!!!




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,717
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit

I'm expecting the Green first. They're emailing me daily, saying "You're online is setup, so activate the damn card already" speech..

I'm going to make that my daily spender, just to see how it plays out. I'm not going for mass quantities of cards. Just be content having

three, with a decent spread in a few years from now. The basics...vacation/emergency/holiday.

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit


Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

I'm expecting the Green first. They're emailing me daily, saying "You're online is setup, so activate the damn card already" speech..

I'm going to make that my daily spender, just to see how it plays out. I'm not going for mass quantities of cards. Just be content having

three, with a decent spread in a few years from now. The basics...vacation/emergency/holiday.


What design you get with DM?




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,717
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit

I kept timing out with the app, so I wound up typing like a madman. I can't recall if I even saw a design. Did Green, and More back to back, but do recall seeing a choice. Just can't remember which one it was. I'm getting the factory preset?

Highlighted
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit


Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

I kept timing out with the app, so I wound up typing like a madman. I can't recall if I even saw a design. Did Green, and More back to back, but do recall seeing a choice. Just can't remember which one it was. I'm getting the factory preset?


I got the NY skyline design. so awesome looking!!!

 

disciver.PNG




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.