Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Cash Credit Card (Green Card) for Average Credit

Looks familiar.

That means whichever one was pre-selected is the one I should expect.

Warning to anyone applying for the DM. Don't use the firefox beta. You'll time out every time you sent info to them.

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

IMO the Avg Green is most likely a "let's see what you do for a while, and if you're going to app spree" card, that probably caps out at 1500-2k.

I'm willing to bet that if they feel it's not going to be your "most used card," they'll leave the CL stagnant.

Cap1 has both good/bad reviews here, but IMHO they're very damn forgiving, as I'm sure they remember me. New card has same four last digits (different rotation), from the card I burned with them.

I went a similar route with my rebuilding start. Baddies from all the Primes (almost ready to fall off-ironically from cap1 as well), and didn't start doing

anything until I neared the seven year mark. Already had an auto loan, opened a secured card (4mos reporting before any apps), then hit cap1 up on their pre-approval site, and got the avg cash card (green).  I also decided to hit Disc More on the same day, just to see who'd win out. Both are on the way. All this has been accomplished within the past 13 months, which I feel is pretty damn quick considering how much trashing my CR's have taken.

Keep your sister patient, and it'll happen.

Congrats on the new credit cards! Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions for my sister. Will let her know good things happen to those that wait.

Message 22 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Looks familiar.

That means whichever one was pre-selected is the one I should expect.

Warning to anyone applying for the DM. Don't use the firefox beta. You'll time out every time you sent info to them.

You'll probably get the one with the orange backing a gray front with the bunch of balls. I like that design too.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard about this green card.. bcuz I got 2 platnuim card cap and Sony card and I did pre-qualify they gave me the green card but it is $39 af o I say forget it.. I'm about to chop my Sony and cap card any way don't like at and it is hard to talk to cs..they give me a hard time...
Message 24 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I heard about this green card.. bcuz I got 2 platnuim card cap and Sony card and I did pre-qualify they gave me the green card but it is $39 af o I say forget it.. I'm about to chop my Sony and cap card any way don't like at and it is hard to talk to cs..they give me a hard time...

Unfortunately that what you have to deal with starting out, it does suck. I would consider SD'ing instead of closing tho.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 27
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

IMO the Avg Green is most likely a "let's see what you do for a while, and if you're going to app spree" card, that probably caps out at 1500-2k.

I'm willing to bet that if they feel it's not going to be your "most used card," they'll leave the CL stagnant.

DW just got this card a couple of weeks ago, $2k starting CL, $39 AF, 0% APR for 6 months then 17.99% and this card is included in the "steps" program for an increase in CL in 5 months. Not bad at all for "average credit".

EDIT (added): Capital One Green Cash Card for Average Credit

Message 26 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

People, people; how'd we get off on Discover? Let's try to keep the threads semi-on track when we can, please. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.