cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!

Thanks for your frank advice. I tried to move on..in fact I was approved for better cards. It just bothers me that I am unable to move them and that I have a good account with them already. When I say “right a wrong”..I mean my own for even applying. So, I am trying to correct my own error. 

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly...that's what I am seeing as well...which is strange.

Message 12 of 37
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Well, i don't think it is bad card.  Each card companies serve a purpose.  Cap1 is great for re-building, as well as Orchard Bank (so I heard) while AMEX Plat/Gold, Chase Saph, and everything inbetween serve their purposes.  I have a Cap1 with a $39 af.  Will I keep this card, yep.  They gave me a $2K cl with a $500 cli in 3 months.  I am station abroad and Cap1 have no foreign transaction fees which SERVES me great.  Can I call Barclay Barcrap for not giving me credit?  For what?  I moved on and there will be other cars that will continue to serve me in the future.  My next cards will be AMEX True Reward, Citi Forward, Citi Diamond, and AMEX BCE. 

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 13 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your frank advice. I tried to move on..in fact I was approved for better cards. It just bothers me that I am unable to move them and that I have a good account with them already. When I say “right a wrong”..I mean my own for even applying. So, I am trying to correct my own error. 

That's a very common (and understandable) attitude. People tend to take things personally, when it's often just a computer that does the thumbs down. I also read lots of "I'm closing my card; that'll show them!" posts, and I doubt seriously that anyone at a major bank will even notice, much less wring their hands in despair, when someone closes a card.

It's a shame that you invested so much time on the call just to get shot down. Smiley Sad

Cap One is an odd company, in that many of their cards are rebuilders, and 99% of the time just flat will never grow with you (= give CLI's, etc.), and then a few of their cards are great.

They keep sending me stuff for their Cash Rewards card, with the effectively 1.5% cash back thing, but I refuse to let myself in for 3 hards. That's just ridiculous. (Personal decision, though, it makes perfect sense for others.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used three the back door numbers posted in the main form....None of the reps seem  to have any authorization in thsi matter.

Message 15 of 37
namvet
Established Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

birjest:

what does recon mean? how do you do a recon? because when I started applying to my first credit cards in 2007/2008 I was denied a few and I moved on. Are you saying you have an option to have their decision changed?

thanks! Smiley Happy      Well it's not a military term as i thought when i first heard it here a while back.   RECON means reconsider. 

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know..Cap1 has been good to me from day one. I never had any issues with them until now...which is partly why I so annoyed.

Message 17 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

By the way, MsNae, welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

For anyone who is new, and trying to reply to multiple other posts, try using the Quote function.

Click on the post that you want to reply to, and then click on the Quote button on your screen, above on the right by the Spell Check button. The post that you're replying to will pop up, with a line on the top and on the bottom. Make sure that your cursor is under the bottom line, and then you can start typing away.

When you hit Post, the quoted post will show up in its own little box, and your reply will be underneath. It helps reduce confusion.

Also, if you're bold, you can highlight and delete part of a really long quote, but don't mess up the top or bottom lines.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 37
SenorDragon
Valued Member

Sorry to hear  MsNae. I had a very similar experience with a CapOne CSR recently. I applied and was approved for the exact card but my rate was not the best available, so I tried calling them to find out why that was given my lack of any baddies on my record and 8+ years of good history with Capital One. They weren't able to give me an answer, just to call back when the intro 0% was over and they'd "work with me" to get a better interest rate. 

learnin113 wrote:

Why do people continue to give Crap One the time of day...I will never understand!

I was reluctant to do so due to the stuff I've read here, but my everyday cards are Amex and Discover and I wanted an all-purpose rewards card for those few places that don't take Amex or Discover. At an effective 1.5% cash back, seemed like a good choice for a back-up card and since I have no intent in buying a house/car anytime soon, the 3 hard pulls wasn't much of an issue.

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

By the way, MsNae, welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

For anyone who is new, and trying to reply to multiple other posts, try using the Quote function.

Click on the post that you want to reply to, and then click on the Quote button on your screen, above on the right by the Spell Check button. The post that you're replying to will pop up, with a line on the top and on the bottom. Make sure that your cursor is under the bottom line, and then you can start typing away.

When you hit Post, the quoted post will show up in its own little box, and your reply will be underneath. It helps reduce confusion.

Also, if you're bold, you can highlight and delete part of a really long quote, but don't mess up the top or bottom lines.

Like this!! Thank you!!

Nae

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.