cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!

Moderator Emerita

Re: Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!

Ouch! A useful reminder that there's the info on our reports, and then there's the info on the bank's internal records. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 37
Established Member

Re: Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!


haulingthescoreup wrote:

Ouch! A useful reminder that there's the info on our reports, and then there's the info on the bank's internal records. Smiley Tongue


Indeed!

 

Ms. Nae

" Whether you THINK YOU CAN, or whether you THINK YOU CAN'T, YOUR'RE RIGHT. (Henry Ford)

EQ (745) 12/10/11, TU (734) 12/10/11, EX (729) 12/10/11

Message 32 of 37
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!


learnin113 wrote:

Seriously, with scores in the 700s, you could go for Citi or Chase.  No need for Crap One.


Cap 1 does have good cards if your have good/excellent credit.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 33 of 37
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!


john398 wrote:

learnin113 wrote:

Why do people continue to give Crap One the time of day...I will never understand!



Its basicly one of the better rebuilder cards IMHO


+1.  All of their cards have no foreign transaction fees.  That is a pretty solid benefit.  And very little representation here for their prime cards.  I sincerely doubt they handle CLI requests and such the same for the prime cards.  

 

   


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 37
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!


haulingthescoreup wrote:

MsNae wrote:

Thanks for your frank advice. I tried to move on..in fact I was approved for better cards. It just bothers me that I am unable to move them and that I have a good account with them already. When I say “right a wrong”..I mean my own for even applying. So, I am trying to correct my own error. 


That's a very common (and understandable) attitude. People tend to take things personally, when it's often just a computer that does the thumbs down. I also read lots of "I'm closing my card; that'll show them!" posts, and I doubt seriously that anyone at a major bank will even notice, much less wring their hands in despair, when someone closes a card.

 

It's a shame that you invested so much time on the call just to get shot down. Smiley Sad

 

Cap One is an odd company, in that many of their cards are rebuilders, and 99% of the time just flat will never grow with you (= give CLI's, etc.), and then a few of their cards are great.

 

They keep sending me stuff for their Cash Rewards card, with the effectively 1.5% cash back thing, but I refuse to let myself in for 3 hards. That's just ridiculous. (Personal decision, though, it makes perfect sense for others.)


May not be worth the risk to you, but I've read elsewhere that they don't necessarily pull alll 3 for prime cards, sometimes 1, sometimes 2.  I wouldn't think the 3 pull would matter to you that much though.  You don't apply for things that often do you?


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 37
Moderator Emerita

Re: Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!


Walt_K wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

...They keep sending me stuff for their Cash Rewards card, with the effectively 1.5% cash back thing, but I refuse to let myself in for 3 hards. That's just ridiculous. (Personal decision, though, it makes perfect sense for others.)


May not be worth the risk to you, but I've read elsewhere that they don't necessarily pull alll 3 for prime cards, sometimes 1, sometimes 2.  I wouldn't think the 3 pull would matter to you that much though.  You don't apply for things that often do you?


Well, ahem, err, not normally. Smiley Very Happy

 

I picked up a Navy card in April and a Chase SW Airlines Visa in August, and they went on EQ. Then on a whim, I asked for a CLI on my Home Depot, and they harded my EQ report. Smiley Mad

 

There's still an inq <12 months on EX for AmEx True Earnings.

 

Nothing on TU, aka the who-cares report, at least for anything I might be interested in.

 

Score drops on both reports for the inqs (I have my EX FICO through PSECU).

 

So I'm letting things heal. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 36 of 37
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!


haulingthescoreup wrote:

Walt_K wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

...They keep sending me stuff for their Cash Rewards card, with the effectively 1.5% cash back thing, but I refuse to let myself in for 3 hards. That's just ridiculous. (Personal decision, though, it makes perfect sense for others.)


May not be worth the risk to you, but I've read elsewhere that they don't necessarily pull alll 3 for prime cards, sometimes 1, sometimes 2.  I wouldn't think the 3 pull would matter to you that much though.  You don't apply for things that often do you?


Well, ahem, err, not normally. Smiley Very Happy

 

I picked up a Navy card in April and a Chase SW Airlines Visa in August, and they went on EQ. Then on a whim, I asked for a CLI on my Home Depot, and they harded my EQ report. Smiley Mad

 

There's still an inq <12 months on EX for AmEx True Earnings.

 

Nothing on TU, aka the who-cares report, at least for anything I might be interested in.

 

Score drops on both reports for the inqs (I have my EX FICO through PSECU).

 

So I'm letting things heal. Smiley Happy


If you're wounded, the rest of us are crippled.  Smiley Wink


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 37