cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Capital One Cash Reward Card – Denied – Refuse to Say why!

Ouch! A useful reminder that there's the info on our reports, and then there's the info on the bank's internal records. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Ouch! A useful reminder that there's the info on our reports, and then there's the info on the bank's internal records. Smiley Tongue

Indeed!

Ms. Nae

Message 32 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

Seriously, with scores in the 700s, you could go for Citi or Chase.  No need for Crap One.

Cap 1 does have good cards if your have good/excellent credit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 33 of 37
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

Why do people continue to give Crap One the time of day...I will never understand!

Its basicly one of the better rebuilder cards IMHO

+1.  All of their cards have no foreign transaction fees.  That is a pretty solid benefit.  And very little representation here for their prime cards.  I sincerely doubt they handle CLI requests and such the same for the prime cards.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 37
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your frank advice. I tried to move on..in fact I was approved for better cards. It just bothers me that I am unable to move them and that I have a good account with them already. When I say “right a wrong”..I mean my own for even applying. So, I am trying to correct my own error. 

That's a very common (and understandable) attitude. People tend to take things personally, when it's often just a computer that does the thumbs down. I also read lots of "I'm closing my card; that'll show them!" posts, and I doubt seriously that anyone at a major bank will even notice, much less wring their hands in despair, when someone closes a card.

It's a shame that you invested so much time on the call just to get shot down. Smiley Sad

Cap One is an odd company, in that many of their cards are rebuilders, and 99% of the time just flat will never grow with you (= give CLI's, etc.), and then a few of their cards are great.

They keep sending me stuff for their Cash Rewards card, with the effectively 1.5% cash back thing, but I refuse to let myself in for 3 hards. That's just ridiculous. (Personal decision, though, it makes perfect sense for others.)

May not be worth the risk to you, but I've read elsewhere that they don't necessarily pull alll 3 for prime cards, sometimes 1, sometimes 2.  I wouldn't think the 3 pull would matter to you that much though.  You don't apply for things that often do you?

Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)

Message 35 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Walt_K wrote:

...They keep sending me stuff for their Cash Rewards card, with the effectively 1.5% cash back thing, but I refuse to let myself in for 3 hards. That's just ridiculous. (Personal decision, though, it makes perfect sense for others.)

May not be worth the risk to you, but I've read elsewhere that they don't necessarily pull alll 3 for prime cards, sometimes 1, sometimes 2.  I wouldn't think the 3 pull would matter to you that much though.  You don't apply for things that often do you?

Well, ahem, err, not normally. Smiley Very Happy

I picked up a Navy card in April and a Chase SW Airlines Visa in August, and they went on EQ. Then on a whim, I asked for a CLI on my Home Depot, and they harded my EQ report. Smiley Mad

There's still an inq <12 months on EX for AmEx True Earnings.

Nothing on TU, aka the who-cares report, at least for anything I might be interested in.

Score drops on both reports for the inqs (I have my EX FICO through PSECU).

So I'm letting things heal. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 36 of 37
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

...They keep sending me stuff for their Cash Rewards card, with the effectively 1.5% cash back thing, but I refuse to let myself in for 3 hards. That's just ridiculous. (Personal decision, though, it makes perfect sense for others.)

Well, ahem, err, not normally. Smiley Very Happy

I picked up a Navy card in April and a Chase SW Airlines Visa in August, and they went on EQ. Then on a whim, I asked for a CLI on my Home Depot, and they harded my EQ report. Smiley Mad

There's still an inq <12 months on EX for AmEx True Earnings.

Nothing on TU, aka the who-cares report, at least for anything I might be interested in.

Score drops on both reports for the inqs (I have my EX FICO through PSECU).

So I'm letting things heal. Smiley Happy

If you're wounded, the rest of us are crippled.  Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.