Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cash Rewards CONUNDRUM ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Cash Rewards CONUNDRUM ??

Hey all. So, I recently made a very large purchase on my Capital One QS -- ended up giving me $99 in cash rewards!!  However, a few days later, I returned my purchase due to defectiveness and recieved a full refund on it -- so my question is, what happens to the $99 cash redeemed??  I've never done this before, and Cap1 CS was clueless (SHOCKED!!!) lol. 

Thanks zooms!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One Cash Rewards CONUNDRUM ??

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all. So, I recently made a very large purchase on my Capital One QS -- ended up giving me $99 in cash rewards!!  However, a few days later, I returned my purchase due to defectiveness and recieved a full refund on it -- so my question is, what happens to the $99 cash redeemed??  I've never done this before, and Cap1 CS was clueless (SHOCKED!!!) lol. 

Thanks zooms!

So if you have already redeemed the cash, what will happen is that your reward balance will go -ve, and future rewards will go towards reducing that balance.   Now, if you never use the card again, you get the free $99......

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.