MyScore007

Capital One Cash Rewards -> Upgrade to Quick Silver Success

Your results may vary but talked to an executive rep and without even asking she reviewed and upgraded my 1% cash back CapOne Rewards (Green Card) to Quick Silver (1.5% CB and Zero Anual fee) for free.

CC# doesn't change and I will have new card in ~1 week. Once activated, new card will work old won't but easy quick perk.

You may want to call a rep and see if this works for you.

Also love the fact that Cap1 will do a soft inquiry.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Capital One Cash Rewards -> Upgrade to Quick Silver Success

MyScore007 wrote:

Your results may vary but talked to an executive rep and without even asking she reviewed and upgraded my 1% cash back CapOne Rewards (Green Card) to Quick Silver (1.5% CB and Zero Anual fee) for free.

CC# doesn't change and I will have new card in ~1 week. Once activated, new card will work old won't but easy quick perk.

You may want to call a rep and see if this works for you.

Also love the fact that Cap1 will do a soft inquiry.

Congarts on a great card

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Senior Contributor
Irisa

Congrats on the upgrade!

Current Scores: EX 795 / EQ 793 / TU 802
Current cards: CSP - Freedom - Discover It - Amex BCP - BoA BBR - Capital One QS and QS1 - Citi TY
Last App: 3/21/14
Super Contributor
CS800

Congrats !

I just did the same upgrade and got my card on Monday. Everything stayed the same.

CinReds

Should I try this?  I just have the regular platinum. 

Mega Contributor
coldnmn

I have the regular platinum no annual fee went on facebook. I  told them I wanted to use them as my go to card but had other cards with rewards. I asked them when if ever I could get an offer. They told me they would expedite to EO  I called last friday they called yesterday it took 5 minutes.I now have quicksilver  Mastercard no anual fee.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8000
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

MyScore007

Thanks All! I should have mentioned I actually applied for the QuickSilver but got denied and a letter in the mail said too many accouts with cap1 ( I only have two active).

I actually called for a different reason to get my CLI on CapOne Rewards bumped up.

By writing to the "CEO" I was able to talk to an Executive Rep who doubled my limit on my CashRewards literlly overnight and she pointed out and upgraded the cap rewards to quicksilver. I get no annual fee and 1.5% so win-win.

Nice right?

watsmyscore

coldnmn wrote:

I have the regular platinum no annual fee went on facebook. I  told them I wanted to use them as my go to card but had other cards with rewards. I asked them when if ever I could get an offer. They told me they would expedite to EO  I called last friday they called yesterday it took 5 minutes.I now have quicksilver  Mastercard no anual fee.

Was your platinum a mastercard too? and Also did your number change? 

Mega Contributor
coldnmn

Yes it is a platinum just approved yesturday card will be here in 7 to 10 days 

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8000
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}