cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Changing CLI policy

tag
ML820

Capital One Changing CLI policy

I noticed that Capital One gave me an CLI on one of the card with them with out me asking. So I called them and asked for a CLI on my other card i have with them that is stuck @ $750.  I was told I did not qualify for an increse at this time and I would recieve a letter in the mail telling me why... well this is what the letter said :

Thank you for contacting Capital One® regarding your account. Unfortunately, we cannot approve a credit line increase for the following reason(s):

This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request. We're reviewing our policy for increasing credit limits. While we do this, we won't be able to offer you more credit. "

I have never seen this before so I thought I would share with you guys.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Changing CLI policy

They been saying that same old line for the last what seem like decades now.

Message 2 of 3
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

Re: Capital One Changing CLI policy

I've received that same response for 12 years LOL. Finally emailed the EO last week and they are working on it.

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.