Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Chat Button

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Chat Button

@kberly69 wrote:

Just tried Chrome (vs. my usual IE), still no go. I'll call them later and post whatever I hear from Capital One. It's maddening!

Sorry!!Smiley Sad Hope you can get this resolved soon. 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I notice this at different times of the day. I would wait a bit and see if its constant hour by hour, sometimes (since i do live chats for my other job) the chat button may be removed if no one is availble for immediate contact.

Message 12 of 20
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

After a veeerrrryyy long time on hold, the rep told me what stRealT said- if there are no reps available, there's no button. I told her I had been checking a lot these last two days and she said they are updating their website and have had a larger volume of calls than typical. At least I know I'm not crazy Smiley Happy  Thank you, everyone, for your help!

CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they are busy.

It's funny they are so friendly when you talk to them, like you are doing them a favor when they are the ones doing you the favor, lol.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kberly69 wrote:

I just have white space there and I waited a long time. I'll probably end up calling them and asking. What's so strange is that I HAVE been able to access it in the past.

CapOne.PNG

I have it here in message centre, using Safari.  Took about three seconds to pop up, just enough time for me to think I wasn't going to see the button.

Message 15 of 20
bk510
Valued Contributor

@trnj88 wrote:

Strange, it seems like these chat options are always only visible to certain people?

Just checked my account and I saw the option there. I went to Messages & Alerts at the top > Message Center. Once the page loaded, the little blue 'Chat Now' button appeared after about 5 or 6 seconds (see screenshot below).. looks like it's intentionally delayed to avoid overuse.

cap1.JPG

I tried getting a direct link from the button but it's not possible Smiley Sad

Mine loaded instantly.....didnt take 5 or 6 sec.

Yea its weird......

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW I use IE and get the chat button

Message 17 of 20
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Very happy to hear that the OP was able to successfully get their Chat button technical issue resolved  Smiley Happy  Also, thanks to the posters who very helpfully mentioned the Cap1 Chat feature; I was not aware that was an option, so very good to know as an FYI!  (The Chat button appears to show up fine for me with IE.)

Message 18 of 20
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

Update, I STILL have yet to see the now mythical chat button. I've checked probably every other day at varying times and it hasn't been available to me. Either I'm on a naughty list somewhere or just really unlucky with my timing!

CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 19 of 20
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Good news! I found the solution. First, you have to call Capital One CSR line. You then say you want to cancel all your credit cards with them. After this, you can successfully receive great customer service from every other lender out there. 

Good luck! Let me know if this works for you. It seems to work for many others out there.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.