cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Choose It (0% on a purchase for 6 months)

tag
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Choose It (0% on a purchase for 6 months)

Imagine my surprise when I saw that Capital One has an offer for me. *gasp* I had thought the offers were just some relic of a bygone era as in my four years with them I've never had an offer that I could see, but I guess they chose (pun intended) to actually utilize the feature to give out features.

The offer's actually pretty cool if you have a large purchase made in the past 90 days or one coming up as it gives 0% for 6 months for that single purchase (I got two of them to use until the end of the year so two purchases) and no deferred interest. Being we're in the season we are, I think it's obvious the target is to get people to put at least two big ticket items on their cards instead of the competition's. Anyhow, I don't have any major purchases planned for the season so I just applied one to a mediumish purchase I had available just to see how it works (and they neatly arrange your recent purchases by largest first making it very easy to pick). Nod bad, Capital One, not bad at all.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Choose It (0% on a purchase for 6 months)

Pretty cool

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 14
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Neat. I went to go check mine but I can't seem to find the check for features button or whatever it was called. They either moved it or it's just disabled for me for some reason.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 3 of 14
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

For me it showed up just under rewards so I guess it may be targeted if you don't see it.

EDIT: Nvm, I just got an email from Capital One advertising it to me Smiley Happy It is targeted. Edit 2: The email says "invited to try" which may imply they might expand it after the trial period.

Message 4 of 14
ddemari
Super Contributor

That is nice. No such offers for me exist.
Message 5 of 14
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Just curious, is this referring to the Cap1 "Modify Your Features" link? 

When I tried to access that feature, I received the following message  Smiley Sad

"No offers are currently available for this account.  It's possible that your account status has changed or that you have made changes to this account.

We periodically update offers to this account, so please check back another time.  Thanks for being a Capital One cardholder!"

Message 6 of 14
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

I don't think I even have that link per se anymore (or I just don't see it). This shows up for me under rewards on the home page and as a separate link under the benefits menu.

Message 7 of 14
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

I would be very interested in this offer for my V card (I'm still in my promo period with my QS). I hope I'm "invited!"

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is very interesting. Perhaps this feature is in trial mode to see how it works out for targeted customers. Hopefully they will open it up to everyone in the near future.

Message 9 of 14
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Saw this in my account today and received an e-mail.

The neat thing is I was given the opportunity to receive 0% for 6 months on four separate transactions (there are four separate 0% offers listed on the website).

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.