cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Classic Platinum Card

tag
Ktennis12

Capital One Classic Platinum Card

Hello! I am trying to rebuild my credit, and want to apply for the Capital One Classic  my TU score is 636 not positive of the others.  Anyone have advice on if this is a good card?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Classic Platinum Card

@Ktennis12 wrote:

Hello! I am trying to rebuild my credit, and want to apply for the Capital One Classic  my TU score is 636 not positive of the others.  Anyone have advice on if this is a good card?

It's one of the more popular "rebuilder" cards, so you'd have a really goot shot at getting it.  The CL will probably be small at the start and will bump up after 5 months as part of the Steps program.  C1 is extremely reluctant to boost the CL after that, so don't expect this to grow into an elite card.  But if it use it well for 6-12 months, it will open many doors.

Message 2 of 6
Ktennis12

Thanks! And I got approved for $1000! Very excited!
Message 3 of 6
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Congrats! That's a nice starting limit for that card!
Message 4 of 6
Simply827
Established Contributor

Congrats

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum!
That's a nice starting CL! You are on your way. Smiley LOL
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.