Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Combine Cards under 6 months

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Combine Cards under 6 months

I have a new QS VS I was approved for on the 14th. My existing QS1 is about 10 months old. How will I know if and when I can combine the the two? I don't mind the older card going into the new account.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to combine an 18 month QS1 and 3 months plat last night and the only reason that came back was one or more accounts was not 6 months old.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to combine an 18 month QS1 and 3 months plat last night and the only reason that came back was one or more accounts was not 6 months old.

Hmm. I wonder why some people can combine with only one account being 6+ months old, while others have to have 2 accounts 6+ months old? Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm. I wonder why some people can combine with only one account being 6+ months old, while others have to have 2 accounts 6+ months old? Smiley Frustrated

I'm just convinced they want my QS1 to be a QS1 forever. I PC'd the plat to QS though this morning.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm just convinced they want my QS1 to be a QS1 forever. I PC'd the plat to QS though this morning.

LOL. Well don't feel bad, I'm also one of the ones who couldn't combine until both my cards were over 6 months old. I guess it could be worse, some people still can't combine at all.

Message 15 of 17
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Maybe it has to do with which direction the combination is going. Most people are trying to combine into their older card. Doesnt the donor (most likely younger) card have to be at least six months? I am not certain about this.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 16 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I wonder what they woukd answer to this question if asked. I'm sure the ymmv thing probably play a bit of a role also.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.