Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Combine

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Combine

Thanks guys. Also, if you combine 2 cards does the clock reset on when you can then combine that card into another?

Message 11 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys. Also, if you combine 2 cards does the clock reset on when you can then combine that card into another?

Many folks have reported being able to combine multiple cards one after another in the same day, so that's not a problem. 

However it is said that the CLI clock does get reset after combining (the fine-print indicates this as well) so it's usually advisable for people to get CLIs on each card individually before doing a combination (a CLI will not have an effect on combining).

Hope this helps!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My hubby and I both have cap one cards, Quick Silver One and Platinum. Getting increases with them is like pulling teeth. Mind you we are or were on credit steps and now our cards are a year old. My hubby got a huge increase to $2,500 but I didn't and I use the cards more and have to use his because he doesn't want to. The CL on mine are only at $1,000 now even with the increases which sucks. I got a Barclay card with a $2,500 CLI from the start. WHy are the increases very little each time?

As for the Annual Fee, my hubby's was waived after we called in asking for it too be waived so I chatted online about having mine waived and they said No. Anyway, I checked my account after that and never saw an annual fee on mine so I guess mine was waived too. 

If they are not going to increase very much each 6 months, how do I go about getting a different card and combining the 2 cards to just one? I have no clue how balance transfers work or if they are a good idea. I would like to get smaller apr cards and get rid of the higher apr ones. 

WHat cards have lower aprs that ppl with past banckruptcy may have a chance to get ?

Thanks

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Many folks have reported being able to combine multiple cards one after another in the same day, so that's not a problem. 

However it is said that the CLI clock does get reset after combining (the fine-print indicates this as well) so it's usually advisable for people to get CLIs on each card individually before doing a combination (a CLI will not have an effect on combining).

Hope this helps!  Smiley Very Happy

Yup, this is exactly correct.  Just made this mistake combining a 10 month old, $3,500 QS into a 1.5 year old Venture 1 for a total limit of $6,500 on the Venture 1.  I was eligible for the cli, but merged first then requested it and got denied because "There has recently been a change to the credit line on this account".

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.