Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Confusion - which?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Confusion - which?

I finally got the Cap One Prequal approval. If I put in "Travel" and "Average" credit  I get:

Venture 17.9%  $59 Annual

Venture one rewards 16.9%

Quicksilver rewards 17.9%

If I put in low interest and average I get

Platinum prestige 15.9%

venture one rewards 16.9%

Quicksilver rewards 17.9%

(all about 16 %)

I really just want to apply for the one with the most realistic highest CL for me and my situation. What should I do? If I don't get one, do I immediatlye apply for another?

I have 2 or under inquires on all three, one come off later this month and an under 10% Util. 

With those high interest rates, does that mean an autmatic low limit? I'd be happy with anything

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Confusion - which?

The highest limit will most likely be the Venture card.  IIRC they start at $5K and can go up to the moon from there.  I personally would only get it if I found value in the rewards it offers, of course, but I'm not that into travel rewards cards anyway, myself.

I would NOT take a VentureOne - the rewards aren't great at 1.25 miles per dollar.  If you don't care about rewards, Platinum Prestige may be an option but really I'd still aim toward Venture if you're looking specifically for a larger limit card since you were preapproved for it.  QuickSilver would be the card I personally would go for (because I like pure cash back over travel cards - to each their own) but their credit lines start a heck of a lot lower than Ventures do.

Edited to add: Really I don't think the APRs are just abysmal on any of the cards you listed there - they aren't GREAT but they aren't terrible - they're pretty middle of the road.  I personally PIF so APR means less to me but the APRs listed here hold no bearing on whether or not you get a higher credit limit - there are people with five digit credit lines on cards with 22.99% APR on them.

Message 2 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'd apply for the venture, bank the 40k signup bonus, use it, and switch to the quicksilver before annual fee is due.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of the ones listed, which is the easiest to get? I am more concerned about actually getting a non-secured card and less concerned about miles/points/etc.

If I don't get one, should I apply for another, or will the result likely be the same?

Message 4 of 5
newhis
Valued Contributor

I was receiving 17.9% APR and after a month they offered 12.9%. Got Venture with 15K even when my highest limit was 6K. My scores are in the mid 700s. I didn't want to chop my AAoA too much so I didn't apply for a second card.

If they approve the Venture, you will get 5k-10k (I think). Some people say, "apply for 1 card, if approved, apply for a second card", maybe you can try for a second card even if you get denied for first, I really don't know. Good luck.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.