Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Card

tag
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Card

Leila08:  I was wondering if you could post how long it was since you last actually used that card?
Message Edited by blacklotus on 03-04-2010 03:51 PM

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

the last time i used it was in 2008..i think i was idle 6 or 8 months before they closed it in march 09
Message 22 of 38
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Are you kidding me? They closed ur card because you didn't use it for 6-8 months!  That totally does not sound right.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 23 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

blacklotus wrote:
Are you kidding me? They closed ur card because you didn't use it for 6-8 months!  That totally does not sound right.

blacklotus, this is VERY common!

The rule of thumb is to use every bank card (with a Visa, MC, Discover, or AmEx logo) at least once every 3-4 months, and a store card at least once a year, and twice is preferable. And when it comes to HSBC/ Orchard, you need to be on your toes --it's more like every other month for bank cards, and every six months (more frequently is safer) for store cards.

This is why we recommend limiting the number of CC's you have to a manageable number. Put monthly recurring bills (internet, cell phone, cable, charitable/ religious donations, etc.) on most cards, and use a couple for ongoing purchases.

With credit these days, it's very much use it or lose it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

started a 500cli then went to 750 after a few mo.s then 4750 had the card almost 3 years now
Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

so any chance of possibly getting this reopened? probably not huh? You guys think I should call or wait till i get an invitation to apply?
Message 26 of 38
laz98
Senior Contributor

no, the increases are NOT always $500.  just depends i guess on your individual credit profile.  i think mine started at 300, went to 450, then 750, then 1000.  that's where it's been now since 4/18/09.  probably not going to get an increase anytime soon.
Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:
no, the increases are NOT always $500.  just depends i guess on your individual credit profile.  i think mine started at 300, went to 450, then 750, then 1000.  that's where it's been now since 4/18/09.  probably not going to get an increase anytime soon.

This is true. I have 2 Cap1 accts. One went from $500->$750, the other went from $1000->$1500->$2000

Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try the back door number.  I got a couple of good things that way.

Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any easy way to find out if you have a 'no builder' card?  I just received my Cap One card, with a $500 limit.  It's my first (non-secured) credit card.  I was excited to be getting junk mail from them, because 6 months ago, when I moved to the US from Britain, it was impossible to get a phone line or credit card without massive deposits.  Now, I'm all the way to subprime!

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.