Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Inform and Credit Steps

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Capital One Credit Inform and Credit Steps

So, I have had my Capital One secured card, going on 5 months. I have never received the welcome package, anything about the credit inform, or credit steps program. So what gives, am I eligible, and who should I contact, or should I just leave it alone? Just wondering, I don't want to miss out on any benefits. Thanks guys!

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Inform and Credit Steps

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

So, I have had my Capital One secured card, going on 5 months. I have never received the welcome package, anything about the credit inform, or credit steps program. So what gives, am I eligible, and who should I contact, or should I just leave it alone? Just wondering, I don't want to miss out on any benefits. Thanks guys!

I don't think you get creditinform with a secured account, and you are not going to be in the credit steps program with the at all- that is for their unsecured card. Smiley Sad

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

I don't think you get creditinform with a secured account, and you are not going to be in the credit steps program with the at all- that is for their unsecured card. Smiley Sad

Aw well I didn't realize that. Oh well I suppose.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 3 of 10
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

but if your scores are accurate i believe there are much better creditors that you qualify for besides capitol one

Message 4 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

but if your scores are accurate i believe there are much better creditors that you qualify for besides capitol one

For some odd reason, as I have explained in other threads, my scores and what history I do have, are not bad, but I continually got denied for a lack of history/ thin file. So I'm just going to garden the crap out of the two secured cards and one unsecured card I do have lol. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 10
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

For some odd reason, as I have explained in other threads, my scores and what history I do have, are not bad, but I continually got denied for a lack of history/ thin file. So I'm just going to garden the crap out of the two secured cards and one unsecured card I do have lol. Smiley Tongue

that sucks any credit unions near you?

Message 6 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

that sucks any credit unions near you?

Yes, but I will be commissioned this fall, and I'll just wait until then to go to a military affiliated credit union. Besides I applied at two local credit unions before and they denied me for a thin file and offered me secured cards as well. I figured I just wait, because all I am getting is inquiries with nothing to show for it.

Message 7 of 10
d12
New Contributor

I used to have a secured card from Capital One and I had Credit Inform with it.  I got the welcome package right after I got the card.  I no longer have the secured card but still have Credit Inform.

Cap One Quicksilver ($10,000); Barclays Rewards WMC ($7200); Lowes ($4050); Wal-mart ($3250); HSN ($1800); Amazon ($2300); Sportsmans Guide Visa ($1400); Target ($700); Victoria's Secret ($900)

EX: 806, EQ: 780, WM TU: 806
Message 8 of 10
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Try calling 1-877-511-7704 for Credit Inform.  You are right, you should not miss this benefit.  The scores are FACO, but it is helpful for watching trends.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 9 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Best of luck to you,

I would wait until your commissioned and then go with USAA or NFCU

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.