MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Credit Limit Increase

@Anonymous wrote:

I use EX for my monitor

and hit the wrong button one day

and they gave me all three scores.EQ and TU were

the exact numbers I get from FICO.

I really am sick of you always disagreeing with me.

I can remember when we had nice

Mods.

Just because you don't agree does not make it so.

If those scores were the same as myFIco it was purely coincidence. If you will go to the EX website you will see that they do not sell FICO scores. If you can find a link at EX that talks about them selling FICO scores and not just Plus scores or VantageScores please post it and I will have no problem whatsoever with publicly apologizing.

No one has all the answers including me but I can't let information that I believe to be incorrect to be posted without saying something. That would not be fair to everyone else. Posting accurate information is more important than whether any of us agree or not. I expect and also hope to be corrected anytime I say something that is factually wrong

I am truly sorry if not agreeing with you is upsetting. Lots of folks disagree with me all the time but I don't take it personally. I don't consider someone who disagrees with me as not being nice. They are just expressing an opinion.

If you think I've ever been less than respectful while expressing my views then I am sorry for that. I try to be respectful to everyone. You always have the option (as does everyone else) to notify the administrator of this site at any time when anyone (including moderators) has written or acted in a way that is uncalled for or inappropriate.

Edited for a typo. (Again)

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify I purchased my scores TU and EQ scores from myfico.com. The Experian score I purchased from their website. I understand that Experian uses a different scoring model, but even though I can't directly compare them to the other two, I still wanted to know what the score was. I don't understand Capital One's policy. I had no trouble doubling the credit limit from one of my other credit cards a few month ago. 

Message 12 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to clarify I purchased my scores TU and EQ scores from myfico.com. The Experian score I purchased from their website. I understand that Experian uses a different scoring model, but even though I can't directly compare them to the other two, I still wanted to know what the score was. I don't understand Capital One's policy. I had no trouble doubling the credit limit from one of my other credit cards a few month ago. 

Neither does anyone else.  Smiley Sad

My Cap 1 account is my oldest at just over 13 years and I can't recall the last time I got a CLI (if ever).

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 30
spankyspanky
Established Member

FWIW, Just had a capital one automatic increase from $800 CL to $4800 without asking.  I've had that capital one card for five-six years and Always kept around $150 revolving balance on it.

Message 14 of 30
spankyspanky
Established Member

Wanted to correct the post I just made.

On my capital one visa platinum, I went from $800 CL to $4500 CL.     And I just noticed that my Platinum Mastercard has now went from $500 up to $1250!!!

I also just received an increase from HSBC on my best buy rewardzone card.  From $500 to $900.

Message 15 of 30
MYBEST
New Contributor

Hi, how long did you have the  HSBC best buy rewardzone card before they gave you a Cli ?

EQ Starting Score: 584 | TU Starting Score: 547
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 643 | EX Current Score: 643
EQ Goal Score: 700 | TU Goal Score: 700 | EX Goal Score: 700
***Staying*** " with prayer that is " with in the garden and no (more) applying until mid-end of 2015!

Message 16 of 30
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Most new forum members are on a tighter budget and are weighing the pros and cons of carrying a balance from month-to-month with ANY credit card.  Me personally, cannot see myself carrying over $150 for 3+ years including any other fees associated (AF or otherwise).  I don't believe they feel that benefit of finally being increased because they'll never run the tab up to $4800 just because they have it available.  Most are watching their utilization now.

Just my thoughts.

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I use EX for my monitor

and hit the wrong button one day

and they gave me all three scores.EQ and TU were

the exact numbers I get from FICO.

I really am sick of you always disagreeing with me.

I can remember when we had nice

Mods.

Just because you don't agree does not make it so.

If those scores were the same as myFIco it was purely coincidence. If you will go to the EX website you will see that they do not sell FICO scores. If you can find a link at EX that talks about them selling FICO scores and not just Plus scores or VantageScores please post it and I will have no problem whatsoever with publicly apologizing.

No one has all the answers including me but I can't let information that I believe to be incorrect to be posted without saying something. That would not be fair to everyone else. Posting accurate information is more important than whether any of us agree or not. I expect and also hope to be corrected anytime I say something that is factually wrong

I am truly sorry if not agreeing with you is upsetting. Lots of folks disagree with me all the time but I don't take it personally. I don't consider someone who disagrees with me as not being nice. They are just expressing an opinion.

If you think I've ever been less than respectful while expressing my views then I am sorry for that. I try to be respectful to everyone. You always have the option (as does everyone else) to notify the administrator of this site at any time when anyone (including moderators) has written or acted in a way that is uncalled for or inappropriate.

Edited for a typo. (Again)

From a BK years ago to:

I spend 40.00 monthly for EQ and TU. Maybe I'm too

STOOPID to be on this site. 

Message 18 of 30
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

experian does not sell fico scores to us they will only sell them to business I have experian monorting (as well as eq and tu from myfico) and depending what product you bought from experian it's either a plus score witch goes up to 830 or the vantage score witch goes up to 990 from my experiance they use to give me the plus score now in add. to the plus score i get monthly I get the vantage score for free quarterly but most of the newer products from them only give you the vantage so a score in the high 700's is average on the vantage scale and also from my experience from cap one when I get a cli they only pull my ex

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

well I hit the wrong button which is how I

got all three.  It was either 29 or 39 dollars.

I had to call them and explain to get my money

back.  I was just trying to get the freebie.

Smiley SadThanks for your input.  I can't handle all

this superiority at my age.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.