cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Limit

tag
padredelosninos

Capital One Credit Limit

Ive had my cap one card for almost a decade now and it's still at 500.00. I have credit limits from my credit union of 12k chase of 7.5k boa of 5k etc, and it's not growing, but I dont want to close cap one out becuase it's one of my oldest cards.... How can I get the credit limit increased, is there something I can do other than calling the phone number?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Limit

Welcome to the forum

Im sure you will find the answers here...good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 29
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Welcome to the forums.

Yes Capital One does indeed do CLIs.  Lots recently in fact.  However you cannot go through the regular Customer Service folks.  They will just tell you that they don't do customer initiated CLI's.

Instead, and there are more than a few recent threads on it, people have been sending an email to the CEO of Capital One.  Of course he does not read them but it goes to his Executive office staff and they have been extremely good about getting back to people within just a few days.  They will ask what you want for a limit and if you are open to a lesser amount, so be realistic about what you want from them and then be open to a counter. 

Folks have also gotten the Annual Fee waived from what I have seen as well as been able to add the Cash Reward program to platinum cards but not actually convert to Cash rewards formally.

I agree with you on the not wanting to close a 10 year TL.  Don't!  Thats a great history...even if it is only 500.00 its still valuable,

I am sure Cap one will throw you a bone in some way.  (This is without knowing other details of course.) 

To get started  Google "Capital One CEO email" ( we are not allowed to post email addys here or I would) and send them a nice (more bees with sugar then vinegar) email message including how to contact you. Give a phone number if you can.  They are very nice from what I have heard.

Good luck and let us know here how it goes.

Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 29
padredelosninos

Can you maybe send me a private message with the email? I've tried searching on Google and it pops up a myriad of answers and I don't wanna just be sending my information out to random people! haha, that's kind of scary.

Message 4 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@padredelosninos wrote:

Can you maybe send me a private message with the email? I've tried searching on Google and it pops up a myriad of answers and I don't wanna just be sending my information out to random people! haha, that's kind of scary.

I sent you a PM about an hr ago and don't include any account numbers or personal info other than your name a number you can be reach at and your request be it CLI, AF fee waived,  etc etc

They will verify your identity when they call you for security purposes.

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 29
oracles
Valued Contributor

can you PM me the email address as well please

Thank you

Message 6 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@oracles wrote:

can you PM me the email address as well please

Thank you

done

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 29
padredelosninos

Perfect! Got it! I appreciate it, now I suppose we just cross our fingers and let the gods work their magic.

Message 8 of 29
oracles
Valued Contributor

thank you very much, truly appreciate it

Message 9 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@padredelosninos wrote:

Perfect! Got it! I appreciate it, now I suppose we just cross our fingers and let the gods work their magic.

May the credit GODS be in your favorSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.