cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Limits - Highest? 30K?

tag
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Credit Limits - Highest? 30K?

Anyone know the highest possible limit on Capital One. I'm dealing with a customer now who faxed me over a statement and her limit is $30,000 with 15K in Cash Advance Limit...I did not know Capital One Cards went that high!

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Limits - Highest? 30K?

I have one that is 25k and one of my biz partners has a couple at 30k. I don't know if they go higher than 30k.

Message 2 of 9
android01
Valued Contributor

Prime Cap one cards can easily go that high, and higher.  It's not a surprise. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 9
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Thought $2k was max after 30 hard pulls.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 4 of 9
BrickTime
Established Member

Depends on the Capital One product. I have a subprime platinum with $5,500 CL. I don't doubt Venture Card CL's go as high as 30k or beyond for qualified customers. Otherwise they wouldn't have a prime base of customers at all.
Chase Southwest Airlines Signature Visa 18k, Wells Fargo Platinum Rewards 15.5k, Capital One Venture World MasterCard 8.5k, American Express PR Gold- NPSL, American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 8k, Home Depot 7k, Capital One Rewards 3.75k, Wells Fargo PLOC 10k. all 3 scores 735-740.
Message 5 of 9
marty56
Super Contributor

Wow - 30k on a single CC.  My total CLs across all my CCs is only 35k.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I may ask a question.., I used to have a Cap 1 card with a $20k limit. I had this card for about 5 years or so when I decided to change the rewards program, at the time they said the only way to do that was to shut the old card diwn and open a new one, to my dismay the new card was assigned a limit of only $5k!!!

I've had the new card for a year and a half but wasn't using it due to the low CL.. about 3 months ago I started using it as my BOA CC with a $15k limit kept generating false security freezes all the time which got annoying.

Anyways, I called Cap1 and asked them to raise my limit and they declined me!!!! My FICO is 828, income is $140,000/yr, zero debt and substantial assets in the 6 figure range... I am just dumbfounded at this logic! Good for me I have 2 other chase cards EACH with a $20,000 limit LOL

Capital 1s logic really does not make any sense to me given my financial profile, what gives?
Message 7 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

CL were much higher before 2008 in general so I think that explains some of it.   I think not using the card much has a big impact on CLI.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extremely dumb move on Capital One's part, I have $200,000 in a Capital One account also, not only did they lose my CC business of $2-3k a month, they also lost $200k that I will move elsewhere... and you wonder why big banks are going insolvent! I just showed you why... they treat their good longtime customers like trash!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.