Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card Consolidation

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Line Consolidation

After I chatted they told me to call in. So I called and explained what had happened. I was on hold for a long time, the rep was good and kept coming back to me every 3 mins or so explaining that she was talking to someone else about it. She offered to call back if I preferred. In the end she said that there'd been a big glitch in the system when offering this, and supposedly 'customer retentions' are reaching out one-by-one to each customer who combined accounts while it was up on the website. She said they would be calling me in the next 4 business days to discuss the account and I could find out then what had happened. She said nothing to suggest it was anything other than a glitch, was very apologetic and seemed to think it'll get sorted. She said they may have bumped my CL on the Quicksilver when the combination didn't work properly and my other account had already been closed. Guess I'll have to hope for the best.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 761 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too good to be true if you ask me...but lets not jump to coclusions and hope it was just a mistake. 

Please do keep us updated.

Message 762 of 2,133
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Yes, there's always a risk when you're an early adopter or beta tester, but ultimately the 'offer' I accepted from Capital One was to move $15k to the $6k card with the $15k account being closed. It showed the new limit as $21k. So I'd be a little peeved if they didn't honor the offer I accepted.

Edit to add - of course it's their money so they're allowed to do what they like, but nonetheless, it would suck to be told one thing was possible only for them to take it away after you've accepted.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 763 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Too good to be true if you ask me...but lets not jump to coclusions and hope it was just a mistake. 

Please do keep us updated.

If this was a trick to get everyone to merge and then manually review for CLD, they could have done it with individual cards as well if they really wanted to...you should be fine! 

Message 764 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

@CreditJim wrote:

After I chatted they told me to call in. So I called and explained what had happened. I was on hold for a long time, the rep was good and kept coming back to me every 3 mins or so explaining that she was talking to someone else about it. She offered to call back if I preferred. In the end she said that there'd been a big glitch in the system when offering this, and supposedly 'customer retentions' are reaching out one-by-one to each customer who combined accounts while it was up on the website. She said they would be calling me in the next 4 business days to discuss the account and I could find out then what had happened. She said nothing to suggest it was anything other than a glitch, was very apologetic and seemed to think it'll get sorted. She said they may have bumped my CL on the Quicksilver when the combination didn't work properly and my other account had already been closed. Guess I'll have to hope for the best.

I felt like it had to be a glitch. Thanks for the update.

Message 765 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hector, Omar & Megan were all unable to help me. Hector & Megan were at least apologetic. Omar was an @$$. He told me that the reason my $1000 + $1750 became $2350 instead of $2750 was because of "recent credit line increases". Um, no. Those increases are 4 months old now & I haven't done anything weird, suspicious or irresponsible with the tremendous buying power that Capital One had so graciously extended. I'm not happy at all with Capital One. Megan told me that she's " sending an email to "Relationship Recovery" who will call me in 3-5 business days ". 

Message 766 of 2,133
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I think it is too soon for anyone to be jumping to conclusions. My best advice is to wait until CO figures this out and for everyone who has not yet tried the merge option to hold on. We are overwhelming CO and if things go terribly wrong they are going to remove this feature all together

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 767 of 2,133
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes guys, please be patient with the feature. I know we are all anxious to use it but give them some time.
Message 768 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did tell Hector that I was happy to see that Capital One was trying to introduce a feature that many customers want. I do hope they work this out. If the combination page had told me that the combined limit would be less than the total of the two separate lines, I would have declined and kept the separate lines.

Message 769 of 2,133
CreditJim
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did tell Hector that I was happy to see that Capital One was trying to introduce a feature that many customers want. I do hope they work this out. If the combination page had told me that the combined limit would be less than the total of the two separate lines, I would have declined and kept the separate lines.

Likewise!

Message 770 of 2,133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.