cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card Consolidation

tag
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Line Consolidation LINK IS BACK UP!!!

@grizindabox wrote:

Pizza, we included multiple Cap One cards in a previous BK.  We have since obtained multiple Cap One cards and were able to combine Platinum cards with QS cards for both of us.

Same here 

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1031 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone else getting the message that it's not available?  It worked for me the other day but said I wasn't eligable, but I think it's because my payment was still pending so my balance wasn't zero.  But now I just keep getting the message that it's unavailble.

Message 1032 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is anyone else getting the message that it's not available?  It worked for me the other day but said I wasn't eligable, but I think it's because my payment was still pending so my balance wasn't zero.  But now I just keep getting the message that it's unavailble.

Same thing for me. 

Message 1033 of 2,133
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Myfico broke the link again! Smiley Very Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 1034 of 2,133
dfitzg
Regular Contributor

Worked for me yesterday, they got me on combining 2 account into my oldest that didnt have rewards. Got on chat and product changed to Quicksilver. I'm kinda happy. Just wish it would let me combine my other account with it as well.

I did have to pay 1 account off before combining the 2 

Message 1035 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the site was just having issues? It's back up and running as of now.

Message 1036 of 2,133
krielly
Established Contributor

Success! Combined two QS cards.....one with 3.6K limit and the other with a 3K limit.

All CCs now have a minimum of a 5K limit.........except Chase Freedom..........stuck at 1K (with a couple of 800+ credit scores)...........but I digress.......

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 1037 of 2,133
castor4072
Regular Contributor

So what impact does it have on your score and AAoA...it's gonna take a hit, right? I have 2 QS....open relatively the same time....hmmm...how does this work? Pro's and Con's?

Message 1038 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@castor4072 wrote:

So what impact does it have on your score and AAoA...it's gonna take a hit, right? I have 2 QS....open relatively the same time....hmmm...how does this work? Pro's and Con's?

Your AAoA won't take a hit for 10 years because the closed card will continue to show on your credit report til then. The only thing people generally worry about when closing an account is the affect on utilization, but in this case that won't be affected because the amount of credit will stay the same. The pro's here are that you have a decent credit limit on one card, as opposed to 2 cards with smaller limits, which means you can make a larger purchase or simply to have more wiggle room utilization wise.

Message 1039 of 2,133
krielly
Established Contributor

One of my accounts was opened in 2012, the other in 2013. The newer one had a 1% better interest rate (although still too high IMHO for my scores), but I don't carry a balance, so I kept the older one open. I'll work on a request to reduce the interest rate at a later time.

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 1040 of 2,133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.