cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card Consolidation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Line Consolidation LINK IS BACK UP!!!

My QS and QS1 cards are due for CLI's next month. Hopefully this feature will be all smoothed out and I can combine them into one QS card with a 3K+ limit.

I saw the link on the cap one site this morning, and then somehow I found this thread, and have spent all morning reading it!

Message 1041 of 2,133
castor4072
Regular Contributor

Because I dont want to read 105 pages on this topic, can you combine all cards for Capital One, or you can only cobmine QS cards with QS cards and vise versa with Venture cards? Or combine them all..??

Message 1042 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty much the same thing I'm going for Norman. My QS and QS1 are both due for CLI's in early September. I checked my cards to see if there was anything blocking them and nope! they're both able to be combined today if I wanted. My only problem is which one to combine into which one. One with a 9.7% APR and a 59$ AF and one with a 27% APR and no AF. I don't carry balances, but I like that APR sooooo much for some reason Smiley LOL

Contacted the EO for an AF removal and CLI but unfortunately all I got out of that was a refund for the AF that smacked me in May. Once I have those combined I'll try to get to my QS to a WMC and then when I come out of the garden in a year or so I'll get my QS Visa Siggy and I'll be good with my two Cap One Cards. Smiley Happy

Message 1043 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I was on chat the morning of my limit hitting $5K. LOL.

You know now that you mention it I think that may have been my reason too. That I graduated from a Credit One - First Premiere type card ha.

Well, I decided to go for it early. I went on chat, and the CSR was totally lost. I finally asked him if Cap1 even offered a WMC, and he promptly gave me a link to a list of co-branded cards...none of which were WMC's. Ugh. I'll try again some other day.

Message 1044 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that you can combine them all (minus the brand specifc cards) but some people are running into problems based on other criteria. The best way to see if you can combine a card is to go into Cap One and get the process started. Don't go through with all the steps but get a little bit into it to see what and what you can't combine (considering you got a zero balance on whatever card you're testing) Smiley Happy

Message 1045 of 2,133
skigirl916
Established Contributor

I won't do it. 2 of my 3 Capital One cards are my oldest cards (15-ish years) and the card I'd want to merge them into is a year old. Nope.

Message 1046 of 2,133
castor4072
Regular Contributor

Yeah and I have 2 QS and 2 Venture....I want to have 1 QS and 1 Venture....I wanna keep my miles for my Venture. I'm inquizative how how the benefits transfer or not...meaning miles and etc? Hmmm...will have to try and get more information.

Message 1047 of 2,133
p-
Valued Contributor

Smokeyhill wrote:  Well, I decided to go for it early. I went on chat, and the CSR was totally lost. I finally asked him if Cap1 even offered a WMC, and he promptly gave me a link to a list of co-branded cards...none of which were WMC's. Ugh. I'll try again some other day.

They do.  I have a WMC Quicksilver that was product changed from the Green Cash, that previously was a Platinum Rebuilder.  It took an exec email to get those product changes done, but at the end of it I had a nice card.  

I had to do something similar to get my Chase turned into a Signature card.  These sorts of things aren't normally done, and your average CSR is going to point you in the direction of a new app.  

Message 1048 of 2,133
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I was on chat the morning of my limit hitting $5K. LOL.

You know now that you mention it I think that may have been my reason too. That I graduated from a Credit One - First Premiere type card ha.

Well, I decided to go for it early. I went on chat, and the CSR was totally lost. I finally asked him if Cap1 even offered a WMC, and he promptly gave me a link to a list of co-branded cards...none of which were WMC's. Ugh. I'll try again some other day.

WOW!!! I would have tried another rep. They positively offer a WMC Quicksilver at $5K (direct from the EO when I was new and figuring out what I needed to get it). The rep I talked with on chat knew exactly what I was talking about and inquired about it for me. To my understanding when I was chatting with them they said that they have to submit it to their "partners" and have them approve me for benefit of a WMC. I gathered the decision isn't up to Capital One. But nonetheless a front line CSR handled it for me. A couple of weeks later I got a call from the EO that I was approved and they would ship the new card out to me. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 1049 of 2,133
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Well I keep getting all the way through the process of them combining before I get an error message that says the feature is temporarily unavailable or something like that.  It's pretty cool to watch the receiving card's balance go up while the donor card is going down.  I really want this done with but I will be patient Smiley Very Happy

Message 1050 of 2,133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.