cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Lines - Anyone have a large one?

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Lines - Anyone have a large one?

@Duke-of-Earl wrote:

And while I'm multi-posting here, I'll take the opportunity to ask a dumb question.  Translation request:  what exactly does  " +1 "  mean?  Something like "right on" or "thumbs up", apparently from the usage, but why the +1?  Brings "one-up" to my mind, which doesn't fit the way it's used, nor the philosophy of this board.

+1 means I agree with this posters opion.   In orders words add 1 more vote for that point of view.

Message 31 of 40
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Duke-of-Earl wrote:

And while I'm multi-posting here, I'll take the opportunity to ask a dumb question.  Translation request:  what exactly does  " +1 "  mean?  Something like "right on" or "thumbs up", apparently from the usage, but why the +1?  Brings "one-up" to my mind, which doesn't fit the way it's used, nor the philosophy of this board.

+1 means I agree with this posters opion.   In orders words add 1 more vote for that point of view.

+1

Thanks.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

my dad personal card 1200

business card 43500

go figure ...

Message 33 of 40
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Five figures for me, but it's a business card.

Message 34 of 40
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i been 1500 for long time [edited] capital one Smiley Sad

>
Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for a CapOne MasterCard exactly a year ago because we were planning a trip to Rome & wanted a card that didn't charge FX transaction fees.

App was approved - starting CL was (& still is) $20K.

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for necroposting on this thread. My Capital One No Hassle Cashback (the one with no annual fee) was approved in Aug. 2010 with an initial CL of $7500. I have two other accounts in excellent standing and an EX score in the mid 760s.I thought that was rather generous. I don't think I'll ever utilize the card more than 5% of my current CL.

@Duke-of-Earl wrote:

I know the orthodoxy on this forum is 9% util is OK, but I've had negative impacts in going from 1% to 2%, so I try to keep my util below 5%.  For the $9,700 CL on my Cap 1 card, I don't want any balance reported above $485.  Not much.

Duke, I would agree with you. However, I've talked to Chase recently, and they told me they wanted to see more utilization (see other thread). The were not impressed by my 3% utilization (monthly balance of $600ish as compared to total CL of all cards $20,000) when they rejected me for a Freedom card recently. Yes, you heard that right! They wanted to see big balances. I take the liberty to IGNORE their advise and rather not rack up such balances.

Message 37 of 40
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for necroposting on this thread. My Capital One No Hassle Cashback (the one with no annual fee) was approved in Aug. 2010 with an initial CL of $7500. I have two other accounts in excellent standing and an EX score in the mid 760s.I thought that was rather generous. I don't think I'll ever utilize the card more than 5% of my current CL.

Duke, I would agree with you. However, I've talked to Chase recently, and they told me they wanted to see more utilization (see other thread). The were not impressed by my 3% utilization (monthly balance of $600ish as compared to total CL of all cards $20,000) when they rejected me for a Freedom card recently. Yes, you heard that right! They wanted to see big balances. I take the liberty to IGNORE their advise and rather not rack up such balances.

I believe that is a very smart move on your part. Chase is probably hoping you wouldn't be able to pay off larger balances in full which means interest charges for them.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband's Cap One card had a 10K limit. It's his oldest card if I'm not mistaken; he's had it for over 10 years. I said had a 10K limit because they just reduced to 7500 late last year. He used the card for our honeymoon. I think they freaked out at the usage and cut his limit... Even after paying the balance within 2 months. Go figure.

Message 39 of 40
AbyCatsRule

My four year-old Capital One card was increased from 1,500 to 5,500 about a year ago -- out of the blue.

Oddly, the same week my Chase card was reduced from 2,500 to 1,700 for not using it enough...

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.