Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Credit Reporting

How long after my statement drops does it take for Capital One to report to the CRA? My First Premier card seems to show up on my credit within a few days of the statement. I have two new capital one cards that received the statement on the 11th but have not been added to my credit reports yet.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

How long after my statement drops does it take for Capital One to report to the CRA? My First Premier card seems to show up on my credit within a few days of the statement. I have two new capital one cards that received the statement on the 11th but have not been added to my credit reports yet.

Probably won't see them reporting until after second statement

CC companies vary widely as to when they report.  Some like Barclays will report before you even get the card and Some like AMEX you won't see for couple months.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one will typicaly report 2-3 days after statement is generated. Seems that the credit reporting agencies vary on update to your file. TU the longest. 

Message 3 of 5
cassett
Contributor

has anyone tried asking cap one to report after the first statement? im thinking of calling them after my first statement cuts tommorow and asking them to report it.

Starting Score: EQ 8/14 545
Current Score: EQ 640
Goal Score:650 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@cassett wrote:

has anyone tried asking cap one to report after the first statement? im thinking of calling them after my first statement cuts tommorow and asking them to report it.

Nope...I know that Discover is pretty accomodating with such requests but Cap1??  Well you can ask and see what happens. My Cap1 card was reported the next day already and showed as new open account without much info way before I had my card. Before you do anything  wait a couple of days after your first statement closed and check. I would think you will see it reported automatically and no need to ask specifically for the reporting.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.