Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Steps Program CLI

tag
sperrin
Valued Member

Capital One Credit Steps Program CLI

Hi Guys,

Like many of you out there -- I received the Capital One Credit Steps Program.  I've heard so many mixed responses to their program.  Here's a copy of my letter.  What are the chances I'll receive my higher limit?  When will I see my increase?  It says after I make my first 5 payments I'll receive the CLI by my 7th.  Seems a bit odd they don't tell you specifically.  I'm about to pay my 5th payments and I'm curious if I'll see it then.  Thanks for all your help!

Welcome to Capital One!®Your Welcome Kit informed you of your initial credit limit, but as a Capital One Preferred
cardholder, you have been pre-qualified for a $750 credit line with Capital One CreditStepsSM. This is an automatic
service for new customers and an easy way to achieve more buying power.Simply follow these two steps:
1. Use your card at least once.
2. Make your first 5 monthly payments on time.
That's it. Just complete these two steps and you could automatically get access to your pre-qualified credit line of $750 by
your 7
th statement. That's how easy it is to get the extra power you need to fill up your gas tank, buy groceries, dine out...
or just treat yourself!
CreditSteps is another No Hassle way to take control of your financial future. If you have any questions about your
account, please call Customer Service anytime at 1-800-955-7070 or visit us online at www.capitalone.com.
Sincerely,
P. Taylor Jamison
Director of Accounts
P.S. Just remember, all it takes is two simple steps to receive a total pre-qualified credit line of $750. Get started today!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Steps Program CLI

I think i got it right after my 6th statement cut.
Message 2 of 8
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

The Capital One Credit Steps Program usually gives the CLI in your 7th month of good payments.

Having said that....my advice is to go through the Executive Office.

Google the CEO's email address (Can't be posted here sorry) and then send him an email saying how much you like Capital one but you need better benefits on your card.

In a day or two someone from the Exec office will call and ask you a few questions.  Be open to a counter offer.

Then after a few more days (mine was actually all in the same day), they will call you back to tell you if you got a CLI and how much. 

I was on the Credit steps program but I hit the ex office up anyway and got a 300% increase from 500 to 1500.  There are many here who have beaten that recently.

Good luck Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 8
sperrin
Valued Member

Did you get a larger bump than the $250?

Message 4 of 8
sperrin
Valued Member

Thanks for all your adivce.  Did you request/send an email to the executive office before your steps were about to hit?  I also have a secured card that I've had for over a year.

Message 5 of 8
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Does this program apply for the secured cards? 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 6 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Secured cards usually get one unsecured cli after 6 months. Usually ~100$ or soz
Message 7 of 8
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Secured cards usually get one unsecured cli after 6 months. Usually ~100$ or soz

Oh that explains the "$100" increase letter they sent me.

That's the only increase that card has gotten. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.