cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Steps QUESTION

tag
felifoo84

Capital One Credit Steps QUESTION

I've been searching all over the internet trying to find an answer and I'm actually surprised that no one has asked this question before as i wld asssume it wld b a common occurence...OK so I currently have 3 cap one cards all 3 of which are enrolled in the "credit steps" program. My 1st card was the cash rewards which i opened on 1/30/13 w/ a $1000 limit, Ive always paid on time and sometimes even several times in 1 mo & i just made my 5th pmt (although it wasnt due til the 25th) so i should be getting my 'auto' cli soon HOWEVER i have gone over my limit a few times but always paid it back down right away.. now the credit steps letter does not specify anything about going over your limit it simply states u must use ur card at least once and make 1st 5 pmts on time so my question is has anyome else been in this same situation and still recieved their credit steps increase?? also how soon after the 5th pmt do u see ur CLI?? was it on the day the 6th statement was cut?? (sidenote: i spoke with the EO on tues for CLI on all 3 accts & still waiting for response..)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Steps QUESTION

@felifoo84 wrote:

also how soon after the 5th pmt do u see ur CLI?? was it on the day the 6th statement was cut?? (sidenote: i spoke with the EO on tues for CLI on all 3 accts & still waiting for response..)

I can't speak to your main question, but I'm also wondering about this part.  Personally, I don't expect to get the CLI, as I just got one a couple weeks ago from the EO.  Today is my 6th statement day, although I don't see one on the website yet.  I'm curious if I'll still get the $500 increase on top of the $1500 they just gave me.

Message 2 of 15
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Well, I take it back.  I just checked online again.  I stilll don't see a statement, but now it shows I have a $25 minimum payment due next month, and sure enough, my CL is now $500 more that it was this morning.  Interestingly enough, the amount is not currently available.

I have a balance of $189, a CL of $4000, and an available balance of $3311.  I wonder when that CL will be made available to me.

Message 3 of 15
felifoo84

wow thats awesome! ive heard of ppl still getting their credit steps auto cli even after they got an increase thru the EO so i guess the EO increase doesnt override it which is pretty cool. kinda weird that its not avail tho idk what thats about..

Message 4 of 15
Grover627
New Contributor

I briefly went over my Capital One credit limit while in the credit steps program, and was still given a $500 CLI. So I hope that works out for you as well!

Also, would you mind sending me a PM with the Cap. One EO email info?

Thanks so much, and best to you!

Message 5 of 15
bluescale
Regular Contributor

PM sent.

Message 6 of 15
bluescale
Regular Contributor

@felifoo84 wrote:

wow thats awesome! ive heard of ppl still getting their credit steps auto cli even after they got an increase thru the EO so i guess the EO increase doesnt override it which is pretty cool. kinda weird that its not avail tho idk what thats about..

My guess is that it needs a business day.  I'll probably see it available on Monday.

Message 7 of 15
felifoo84

great that helps alot thanks!! (pm sent but bluescale beat me to it lol)

Message 8 of 15
felifoo84

well i hope thats the case with my EO increase too... 4th of july falling on a business day really screwed my wk up!  getting really anxious.. Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 15
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Now my new CL is in effect.  Two CLIs to go from $2000 to $4000 in the span of two weeks.  Not too bad.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.