Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Steps program answers

tag
MagicShot
Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Steps program answers

I was wondering, If your credit is better say in the 700s+ would closing my old Cap one cards and reapplying for their higher teired cards get you away from crappy limits with them?

Message 51 of 56
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

While I am still relatively new to credit, I would imagine that if you have scores in the 700's you would be looking other places than Capital One for credit cards...

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 52 of 56
MagicShot
Contributor

lol True But I have 2 cards with them I want them to raise the limits on, both are at 750. I would reather waste the INQ on a CITI Card. I have BoA, Discover, AMEx, GE Money cards, and WFFNB, chase, ect. but no CITI Cards, and HSBC closed all my account with them lol, I was going to give half of my cards the boot and they did me a favor although I did like some of the card just dont like HSBC.

Message 53 of 56
SenorDragon
Valued Member

@MagicShot wrote:

I was wondering, If your credit is better say in the 700s+ would closing my old Cap one cards and reapplying for their higher teired cards get you away from crappy limits with them?

It worked for me. I had a starter card with them that didn't grow past $800. I closed it and a few months later they rolled out their green cash rewards card which I got with a $7.5K limit.

Message 54 of 56
MagicShot
Contributor

Hmm, I might just close those 2 cards, and wait a bit. I have plenty of credit and just got like 5k in clis on other cards so my util should be fine.

Message 55 of 56
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for my starter Cap One to grow past 750.00. I'm hoping that six months of history is enough to qualify me for other and better cards. I won't know them too much though because I don't think many banks would give me an unsecured card with no annual fee that included 1% cash back without any prior credit history...

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.