Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Credit Steps

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One - Credit Steps

@Anonymous wrote:
If anyone has had a 300 limit, and got an increase, let me know what kind of increase you got.  If it is up to 500 or something I would be happy, I would like to use it alot for the 1% cash back.. better than my gorewards from nfcu..

i'm in exactly the same situation as mike14 posted about his wife.  started at 300, called after 2nd statement to get 300 more.  now waiting for credit steps to kick in.  originally i was supposed to go from 300 to 750, so i wonder if i'll go from 600 to 1050 or it will be something else.  i am checking every day, as i'm dying to know already!

Message 41 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Third statement just cut.  CLI to $750.  It was only $150, but it's still a CLI!  Next credit step should be when the 7th statement cuts.  When is the best time to call in to request a CLI?
Message 42 of 81
first48
Frequent Contributor

I just called the backdoor number and got a 500.00 cli on my 2nd cap one card after the 3rd statement posted.  Credit Steps should kick in on the 4th statement for a 1500.00 limit.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 43 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you give me the backdoor number?  I've called twice for a CLI and they have declined it both times because my account is too new. 

Congrats!!

Message 44 of 81
first48
Frequent Contributor

1 800 889 9939.  How long have you had the card?
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 45 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 4th statement will be cut on the 20th....

Message 46 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure enough.. I just checked my statement online and credit steps kicked in.  Went from $500 CL to $1000.  SWEETNESS!
Message 47 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Third statement just cut.  CLI to $750.  It was only $150, but it's still a CLI!  Next credit step should be when the 7th statement cuts.  When is the best time to call in to request a CLI?

Sorry, I just realized that on Jan 18, my FOURTH statement had cut, not my third. 

My 6th statement just cut a few days ago and I called yesterday for a CLI, and I was declined!  The guy couldn't say why, but that a letter will be mailed with the reason.  Why can't they give the reason over the phone?

If I call right before the 7th statement cuts, do I have a chance at getting a CLI before the next credit step increase, or no because I already asked during the cycle (18th to 17th)?

Message 48 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sure enough.. I just checked my statement online and credit steps kicked in.  Went from $500 CL to $1000.  SWEETNESS!

Congrats hope i have the same luck next month.
Message 49 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I've never had a CLI with Cap1 (opened April of 05) in hopes of a little faith I also called the backdoor #. Current balance $10.45, last late reported in Jan 08. CR will let me know by mail, and if that is any indication... for me atleast that means NO.GO. Maybe another 4yrs.

Message 50 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.