Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Credit Steps

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One - Credit Steps

I got that new letter two.  I was shocked that it said I was eligible for TWO CLI.  The thing is, even with the One Credit Step letter, I got two CLI as well as a lot of people here.  I think that it has always been two even though they put jut the one in writing.

I actually called the backdoor number a month after having the card and got a $500.00 CLI.  I do not know if I will still get one at the third or fourth statement or not.. then again at the 7th.  It will be ineresting to see.  If it happens, the will put me at $2000.00 for my Cap 1 MC and $1500.00 on the Visa.    The Visa I got last March, got a CLI from the backdoor number.. then the steps kicked in after the 4th statement.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 21 of 81
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I got a CLI before the credit steps kicked in, but I don't remember getting a letter w/ stickers or any mention of a second credit steps bump.

Opened the card in Jan 08 w/ a 3k limit and 19AF.  Called after 3 mo for CLI, went to 3750.  Steps kicked in and went to 4250.  Called in Dec 08 to request CLI, went to 5250.

Right now this is my go-to BT card -- no rewards, but a fairly low (for me) IR @ 12.15% and numerous offers for low fee BTs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 22 of 81
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh, I didn't post it on this thread, but about two weeks ago, just before the third statement cut, I called and asked for a CLI and it went from $300 to $600.  Will this impact the Credit Steps CLI?
Message Edited by Mike14 on 12-21-2008 01:15 AM

You will more than likely get a credit steps increase of $500 to put you at an $1100 limit. I did the exact same thing you did and that's what I got. Good luck!
Message 23 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for a cap1 card, how do you get in the credit steps program?
Message 24 of 81
laz98
Senior Contributor

you can't "get in."  if you are in it, they will send you a letter telling you about it.
Message 25 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks, that is what i thought
Message 26 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just gave Cap One a call last week through the backdoor # to ask for a CLI. I had written them an e-mail but they responded the auto CLI wouldn't hit until the 5th statement, so I called. The nice lady told me that it was going to automatically hit today, but no CLI yet...does anyone know when that usually shows up? The next day or something?
Message 27 of 81
first48
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 different Cap One cards.  The first card I received at the beginning of September had a 500.00 limit and it was enrolled in credit steps and stated I would get an auto cli.  I called after the 3rd payment and asked for a cli and got it now at 1000.00.  I just checked and the 4th statement hit and auto cli is there so now at 1500.00.  My 2nd cap one card is at 500.00 and I received it at the end of October.  It specified that I would receive a 500.00 cli at my 4th and 7th statement.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 28 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but I was actually trying to see how long it took for that to show up on my card... you know for the funds to be available.

I called back and asked, and they said that I won't be getting an increase is because of my APR 0%, but why did the lady last week tell me I'd be getting it automatically this statement?

Update: Now I just spoke with a manager, who was confused by this, but "somehow" found on my offers the credit steps program, and said WELL if the rep told you the 22nd, the systems might have to update at midnight until it credits your account, when I threw it out there that it might be because I already have a CLI, so that's why the request didn't go through when the 2nd rep put it... does this make sense to anyone?

Message Edited by cola1016 on 12-22-2008 11:38 AM
Message Edited by cola1016 on 12-22-2008 12:11 PM
Message 29 of 81
laz98
Senior Contributor

@first48 wrote:
I have 2 different Cap One cards.  The first card I received at the beginning of September had a 500.00 limit and it was enrolled in credit steps and stated I would get an auto cli.  I called after the 3rd payment and asked for a cli and got it now at 1000.00.  I just checked and the 4th statement hit and auto cli is there so now at 1500.00.  My 2nd cap one card is at 500.00 and I received it at the end of October.  It specified that I would receive a 500.00 cli at my 4th and 7th statement.

question:  how did you manage to get 2 cap1 cardsso close together?  i tried to apply for a 2nd one, to slowly eliminate my subprime cards.  i got a letter in the mail saying i already had the max number of cap1 cards!  Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.