Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Steps?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Credit Steps?

I have a QS1 that was given a CLI to $800 after the 2nd statement. I have used this card a fair amount maybe around $4000 in usage and never had a balance for more than a few days. My 6th statement is coming up here next week and was wondering if I am going to go to the standard $1300 CL or is there a chance it might be more? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Credit Steps?

There is always a chance that it may be more...just depends on how C1 views your account.  

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks fingers crossed.

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think the $500 increase is the minimum for paying on time every month. if you start with $500 then after 5 on time payments you go to $800 minimum and if it starts with $800 you go to $1,300 minimum. but, more is always a possibility.
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a QS1 that was given a CLI to $800 after the 2nd statement. I have used this card a fair amount maybe around $4000 in usage and never had a balance for more than a few days. My 6th statement is coming up here next week and was wondering if I am going to go to the standard $1300 CL or is there a chance it might be more? Thanks in advance.

My Platinum started at $500 and got the Credit Steps CLI of $1k.  My QS also started at $500 and only got a $250 increase.  So, truly, YMMV

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 6th statement is about to cut too and I was wondering the same thing.
Message 6 of 27
Pway
Valued Contributor

I started with a 500 cl.  I hit the luv button after the third statement cut, increased to 1500.  Then when credit steps hit I was given another 500.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My QS1 started at a $500 limit. I didn't try for any CLI's in the first 6 months, just waited for the 6th statement to be cut. I used it for all the spending I could, and paid it in full (sometimes bi-weekly). After the 6 on time payments, they jumped it to $3500.
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Nexus!. Thanks for the input everyone. I will just wait and see here in a few weeks what happens. 

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the research ive done since browsing the forums it appears as though if you don't request a CLI after the 3rd statement your credit steps after the 6th statement seems to be more I.e (Nexus) than if you do request a 3rd statement CLI. I started with 500, got 1000 after 3rd statement and 500 after 6th statement.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.