Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Credit Steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One - Credit Steps

On Wed I applied for a no hassle rewards cc with capital one got a 500 limit instantly online..call backdoor number next day spoke to a supervisor and he said he will do a soft pull again to get my limit increase,but got denied. The supervisor said that  im on credit steps program..and he told me i will get a CLI  double in the next 4-6 months if i pay on time... Fico score was Eq 673 Trans 625 .pulled all 3 reports

Message 11 of 15
meka1984
Regular Contributor

I received a CLI on my last statement and I will receive one again in July. Not sure how the first one got there but I wasn't schedule to receive one until July.

I have confirmed this twice with two Sr. Credit Analyst.  My advice is to enroll in auto pay and pay more than your minimum. 

Message 12 of 15
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I see this miscommunication from Capital One's Sr. Account managers sooooooo often that it burns my britches to know they still don't have it together.

Unfortunately, your initial CLI "was" your Credit Steps increase.  Somewhere in fine print, it states on the letter that you will receive your CLI after x-statement (*up to x-statement), meaning you may get it before.  It's up to their discretion.

Also, there is no rhyme or reason to Cap-1's CLIs -- it's just random (periodic reviews), so it have nothing to do with your payment or spending habits as long as they're on time and at least the minimum.  They don't care what method of them receiving it, just as long as they get it.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayRizzo wrote:

I see this miscommunication from Capital One's Sr. Account managers sooooooo often that it burns my britches to know they still don't have it together.

Unfortunately, your initial CLI "was" your Credit Steps increase.  Somewhere in fine print, it states on the letter that you will receive your CLI after x-statement (*up to x-statement), meaning you may get it before.  It's up to their discretion.

Also, there is no rhyme or reason to Cap-1's CLIs -- it's just random (periodic reviews), so it have nothing to do with your payment or spending habits as long as they're on time and at least the minimum.  They don't care what method of them receiving it, just as long as they get it.

Thank you! Smiley Happy Are there any additional CLI's after the credit steps increase? or is it random?

Message 14 of 15
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

It is random.  Last Christmas they were extremely generous by giving many people CLIs, but not everyone received one.  In addition, there was a glitch in their system that gave 2 CLIs during the Christmas holiday season, but the 2nd CLI was backed off many people's accounts -- a few slipped through the cracks and remained with 2 CLIs.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.