Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Customer CLI Hard Inquiry

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Customer CLI Hard Inquiry

I'm done with capone, I've only gotten one cli from their "credit steps program", I will be closing my account with them next month, before AF time. I have to say they did serve their purpose, but now I have a CC with my CU and also an Amex, so good bye Capone, you will no longer be in my wallet Smiley Very Happy

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 11 of 15
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I've been a Cap One customer since April 2008. I applied for and was approved for the Cap One No Hassle Rewards Platinum card with a $300 CL. They raised the CL to a whopping $500 by November 2008. Been at $500 CL ever since. My scores are low 700's and no derogatories whatsoever in any of my credit reports, utilization is always less than 1% each month, 1 inquiry in the last year (I purchased a car), no lates, no bankruptcy, I have 4 open CC's with a total available CL of $10,500 (which is meager since my salary is over $105K per year) and I have a history over 12 years. No debt other than a car payment that has never been late. My guess is that it's a random pick from someone at Cap One of whether or not you get a decent CL because I have no other explanation.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called in about a week ago to see how long I could wait before applying for a second capital one card. The rep switched my started card to a rewards card also. I get 1% cash back on all purchases and 25% annual bonus cash back on purchases at the end of the year. I had the choice between this and the miles, I chose cash back. If you are upset about no credit increcrease, maybe you can call and get a swtich to a rewards card. I was very happy to get something from the call without a hard inquiry for a cli, which was offered and not taken. Just thought I would wait for the cli... Maybe some of you can call in and see if the cards can get switched to rewards cards..??

Message 13 of 15
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

@LADYBUSA wrote:

Does anybody know what Cap 1 is pulling nowdays? I have seen posts on them pulling all three CRA'S?

Cap1 indeed pulls all 3 CRAs. (Applied & Approved last week)

Message 14 of 15
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

@IrishPM wrote:

I've been a Cap One customer since April 2008. I applied for and was approved for the Cap One No Hassle Rewards Platinum card with a $300 CL. They raised the CL to a whopping $500 by November 2008. Been at $500 CL ever since. My scores are low 700's and no derogatories whatsoever in any of my credit reports, utilization is always less than 1% each month, 1 inquiry in the last year (I purchased a car), no lates, no bankruptcy, I have 4 open CC's with a total available CL of $10,500 (which is meager since my salary is over $105K per year) and I have a history over 12 years. No debt other than a car payment that has never been late. My guess is that it's a random pick from someone at Cap One of whether or not you get a decent CL because I have no other explanation.

Cap1 has always been stingy about CLs. I had a business CC with them with 1K limit, all the wile BoA biz was in the 20sK, and AMEX biz nudging the 30K and they will not budge for 2 years.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.