Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cutting Credit Lines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Cutting Credit Lines

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, did he call capitol one and find out what was going on? If not, then I don't see how we can know that capitol one is cutting lines. It may be some specific reason related to his account and not a general thing.

I'll get back to you if he tells me any different. 

Sandy

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

W

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, did he call capitol one and find out what was going on? If not, then I don't see how we can know that capitol one is cutting lines. It may be some specific reason related to his account and not a general thing.

I want to apologize to everyone here and to Capital One for being too abrupt in believing what I hear without proof. 

I had him to call in my presence and find out why his card's limit was cut and the reason cited was a balance transfer hadn't cleared and his credit line was being held back until the check cleared.   It was a check was $1400.00 and he was within striking distance of his total credit line.   He was informed that once the check cleared that his line would be restored.

I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions.   Perhaps I'm too jumpy behind Amex and feel everyone is out for the kill.  Smiley Sad

Sandy

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd probably think the same thing @ first if suddenly my line was cut. Glad his account is ok! Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 14
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

W

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to apologize to everyone here and to Capital One for being too abrupt in believing what I hear without proof. 

I had him to call in my presence and find out why his card's limit was cut and the reason cited was a balance transfer hadn't cleared and his credit line was being held back until the check cleared.   It was a check was $1400.00 and he was within striking distance of his total credit line.   He was informed that once the check cleared that his line would be restored.

I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions.   Perhaps I'm too jumpy behind Amex and feel everyone is out for the kill.  Smiley Sad

Sandy

I assume you were transferring the balance out of Cap1 to another card. If so, OK. If it was the other way around - watch out! If you are doing a balance transfer and the entity you are transferring to declines the transfer instrument for any reason this can cause serious problems (up to application of the default rate) with the card you are transferring from (it is a "bad" payment - just like you bounced a check).
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.