Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Deals & Perk Central

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Capital One Deals & Perk Central

I installed the Capital One mobile app on my android smart phone a few months back.  Cap One is now offering "deals" through their mobile app.  IMO, they seem to offer better deals than BofA or Amex.  Right now I have deals for Sears, Boston Market, Buca di Beppo, GNC, Red Robin, Papa Murphy's, and Lenovo.  I actually spend money at these stores/restaurants, so I'm pretty excited....plus I will get the added bonus of 1.5% cash back on my purchases.

On Cap One's online account, I clicked on "Explore Rewards" and then clicked on "Earn More Rewards" and found this Perk Central page with lots of additional bonus cash back offers at Domino's, AMC Theaters, PetSmart, FootLocker, TraderJoe's, TGIFriday's, etc.  Wow!  Again, more places that I actually spend money at.  The FootLocker offer is especially nice - it's 10% cash back on a purchase of $70 or more.  I have a teenage son - we spend a lot at FootLocker!  Plus, I just made my son an AU on my Cap One Cash Rewards card.  You do have to activate the bonus offers on the Perk Central page......I activated all of them.  Can't wait to earn the extra cash back!

Cap One Perk Central.JPG

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Deals & Perk Central

I got that today and just so happen i went to boston market for lunch $3 off

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info! I just activated 5 miles per dollar at Domino's Pizza.

Message 3 of 12
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

I got that today and just so happen i went to boston market for lunch $3 off

Cool!  I think we will probably use the $10 off for spending $50 at Buca di Beppo this weekend. 

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 4 of 12
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Thanks for the info! I just activated 5 miles per dollar at Domino's Pizza.

I activated the Domino's Pizza deal, too.  Will probably use that tomorrow night when my son has a couple of friends over to play x-box.

Message 5 of 12
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Am I missing something? Hasn't Capital One always had this? I used it for a 1-800-Flowers order last July at 8% back or something ridiculous.

Can someone clarify if/how this is different?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
Am I missing something? Hasn't Capital One always had this? I used it for a 1-800-Flowers order last July at 8% back or something ridiculous.

Nope same thing they just seem to pushing even more deals now

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 12
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

Sorry, it's just new to me I guess!  I only recently pc'd my old Platinum to a Cash Rewards card.  So until very recently, I didn't have access to the Perk Central offers.  When I stumble upon something like this, I tend to shout it from the rooftops.  lol 

Message 8 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

CribDuchess keep shouting its good to knowSmiley Wink

the deals use to come monthly now the last 2-3 weeks its been weekly so its a good way to build up rewards/discounts

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 12
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for the info! I need to start browsing around there to see if I can get some additional discounts on future purchases. My son needs shoes now so I'm going to check out the Footlocker offer. Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.